Aatu Detoo Jämsen signs his ELC

hauspaint

Oct 19, 2005
I'm wondering why his teammate is wearing opponent's helmet..?
Screenshot 2024-05-25 121547.jpg

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
that's the red bull helmet, "lapimurto" = "breakthrough" for highest u20 scorer on the team
I'm wondering why his teammate is wearing opponent's helmet..? View attachment 875665
pretty sure the league's leading scorer wears a gold helmet too, dont remember if thats a different league. its kinda like how there are certain different color jerseys in cycling for leaders of different categories. pretty cool IMO !

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
pretty sure the league's leading scorer wears a gold helmet too, dont remember if thats a different league. its kinda like how there are certain different color jerseys in cycling for leaders of different categories. pretty cool IMO !
that's liiga also, each team has a gold helmet too

i think the swiss league has some super corny hot rod flame garb for their leading scorer too

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I think I remember hearing he was playing in an underscouted league/division? But he hit a big growth spurt in his draft year and started putting up points. Think it was Ruttuu that said another team or two were planning on throwing a pick at him really late in the draft, until we snagged him. The other thing was him staying up really late on draft night and going crazy when we grabbed him. Definitely wasn't a guarantee in his mind.

Been excitedly following his development since, more so than any other 7th round pick, that's forsure. Helps that he's clearly skilled. Looking forward to seeing him in NA next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad