Post-Game Talk: A successful season?

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Watching the game the entire time looking like..

giphy.gif

Welp it's on to the draft.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Absolutely was. I was hoping for one round and we won 2. It's just a shame Smith crumbled. Holland NEEDS to get a good starter next year. No if's, and's or but's.
He can't. Skinner is waiver exempt and Smith untradeable. That's your tandem next year

Reactions: Oildrum

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
I pray Smith and Keith retire.

I pray Nurse goes back to playing like the previous season.

Otherwise only a few tweaks and the Oilers can be that much better.
Fot the record Nurse had a good game, made a huge hit leading to the tying goal. Mike Smith should have taken the night off. Remember we could have easily won 3 out of the 4 games with a little luck and a little less suck.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Proud of the guys for making it this far. Especially with the goaltending situation being what it is, though I think even Smith played above his head in the Kings series (only to mostly suck after).

When we knocked out the Flames I was already incredibly satisfied. They gave what they could tonight, it just wasn't enough.

Useless plug

May 23, 2021
The Avs are a tremendously skilled team and played to win this series. No doubt about it. Better team.

I never really used to even think about them, but this season (continuing into this series obviously) I really noticed how unlikeable they are. So many of their guys play a game I just kind of despise. I've never seen players go down so easy and "sell' so many calls in a very long time. I'm not even going to call it diving or say anything else, because it clearly works for them. It is what it is.

It's just that I developed a nice little "hatred" and it sure does make the games more intense feeling in that regard. Was good fun even when it wasn't.

I'm proud of this Oilers team for a damn good season. They overcame a lot and these playoffs sure were entertaining. Plenty of questions and work to be done, but for now I'll just enjoy the run for the great moments.

Like beating Calgary. 😎
They also play a much more complete team game in all ends of the rink. I hope our boys learn from that.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Good season. Still doesnt feel good at the moment.

Proud of some of the performances from the boys. Hopefully a good experience for lots of players.

Was going to be really hard to win this series with the injuries. The reffing didnt really help either.

Really gutsy performance from Draisaitl tonight. McDavid and Hyman showed up. McLeod has really impressed me these playoffs.

Hopefully the boys heal up over the summer. Probably some real bad injuries from some of the guys. Hope recovery goes well.

I dont want to pile on Smith but he simply didnt have it, especially in the back end of the playoffs. Too many soft goals and goals from poor plays. Its not really Smith's fault, hes not really a starter and shouldnt be expected to carry a team in the playoffs. I hope he retires. Been a great career for him, but its his time.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No it's not. Patently false.
They were missing their 3rd best defender, a top 6 winger and their starting goalie.

Kuemper played like shit in game 1 cause he was still having blurry vision from his injury. If he is healthy we don’t score near as much.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Relative to missing the playoffs sure, but that was an awful display of defense ... 80s like. Smith wasn't great but that D was atrocious for large chunks of every series really.

You can't fire wagon your way to the Finals. Holland's blue line and goaltending status quo are not good enough if the goal is to actually win it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad