Value of: A NHL goaltender to Montreal.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Khudobin and a 2nd for Cedric Paquette/Lauren Dauphin (or random AHL player to clear a contract spot) and Tampa's 4th rounder.

Helps Dallas clear cap space for this year and next, and allows Primeau to stay in the AHL this year and next.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just let primaeu play. If he can't recover mentally he was never gonna be good anyways.

Nah, Primeau needs to play AHL and mature. He may never make it but he's being rag dolled. Not saying he turns into a good NHL goalie or not but look at Grubauer... 105 AHL games and his first NHL season comes at age 24.

Primeau's AHL numbers are solid. He just needs more time and patience before we know if he can be a NHL goalie.

However, the Habs have both Allen and Price injured so what options do the Habs really have? They should be leaning on the more mature Montembeault while Allen gets healthy. No need for the Habs to make any goalie trades.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Dell was suspended and I think they don't want to add a contract
Right, we have 48/50 already, so adding a goalie would just put us up against it.

Primeau needs to go back to the AHL. Hopefully Monty can come back fully healthy soon. If we get offers for Allen, I would take them in a heartbeat as we have no need for him long term.

I can only think of 4-5 players that I would list untouchable, and I don't think we need to be losing stock over another goalie.

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
If Habs trade for a goalie it will be for Alex Belzile or JS Dea not much else. Maybe Christopher Gibson? Louis Domingue is a name I saw in the thread that makes sence.

Reactions: Fenris

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Koskinen + Lavoie for a 4th

Montreal gets a goalie to run out the season and a prospect drafted in the 2nd round. Big Quebec born RW, but raw but he’s started coming around recently.

Edmonton gets cap space to attempt to upgrade the roster.

That put the Habs at 50 contracts, and one is required to sign Jordan Harris. So, no. I don't think GM Hughes will even thinking about adding a contract, let alone two.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
My point was rather I don't think the number of contract is an issue if you consider guys like Kulak Chiarot are as good as gone, but that EDM would direclt say no to it ;)
If Hughes is indeed getting already drafted player in return for these, then yes, the 50 limits is an issue.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Is Fleury not available? hes a ufa and the hawks are not making the post season

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I get what OP's statement, but honestly they just want a warm body that isn't hurt.

They'd probably be willing to move, at most, a guy like Niku or Schueneman. No picks or actual trade assets. Basically a waiver wire guy. They'd also be unlikely to take on extra cap/money or term, since this is literally just because they've got 3 goalies out with injuries and one that is playing through something.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Khudobin and a 2nd for Cedric Paquette/Lauren Dauphin (or random AHL player to clear a contract spot) and Tampa's 4th rounder.

Helps Dallas clear cap space for this year and next, and allows Primeau to stay in the AHL this year and next.
Habs aren't taking a cap dump like Khudobin for a mear 2nd rd pick. If he ehad 1 year left sure, but he doesn't.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Montreal doesn't have the cap flexibility and they really only need someone until one of Allen or McNiven get back. They'd want more for eating Khudobin's contract.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
From an Oilers perspective I'd much rather trade the 3rd than trade Lavoie. So deal haha
I would do it. We need vet goalie and drafted many late round picks last 2 years. Plus have 3 third rounds picks this year. Give up a 4th this year, but get a 3rd in '24. Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad