A "look back" at a trade "Brendan Dillon" for 2 x 2nd rounders

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Could have worked by just letting Stan walk and trading Iafallo with maybe 1-2m retained if necessary...

Next year would have been okay with Wheeler coming off the books but again there are a lot of guys ready for raises - like I hope we don't bridge Samberg.
Sammy was bridged already.

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Do you really want to move Heinola to the right? Because that would have had to happen if we re-signed Dillon. Couldn’t let Stanley walk as he is under contract this year. We are conservative enough as an organization as it is but if we don’t even give opportunities to first round picks coming off their ELCs it will be near impossible for any prospects to break into the lineup.
Im just talking about what I would have done... I know TNSE is super conservative.

Stanley was not under contract while signing Dillon was still an option.

That being said, we seem fine playing Salomondsson on his off-side now so what's the big deal.

Im on Heinola's side but Dillon is still the better option if we are keeping the window open. Moot point now anyway.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Great value for what we paid - we got a lot of service out of him and he filled a gap that we had with our up and coming D.

In a perfect world we'd have had him for one more year, but I don't know that paying him 16MM and keeping him for 3 years beyond last season is better than losing him.

Overally I'd tell Chevy to pull the trigger if I could go back in time. Now, Nate Schmidt on the other hand.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Great value for what we paid - we got a lot of service out of him and he filled a gap that we had with our up and coming D.

In a perfect world we'd have had him for one more year, but I don't know that paying him 16MM and keeping him for 3 years beyond last season is better than losing him.

Overally I'd tell Chevy to pull the trigger if I could go back in time. Now, Nate Schmidt on the other hand.
You dont think hes worth the same as iafallo?

ghyrti

Oct 21, 2014
I just found it interesting that both draft picks Washington got were then used in Vitek Vanacek trades, who was drafted with a Winnipeg Jets draft pick and also was traded for Kaapo Kahkonen.

July 2013 Jets trade a 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft (which ends up being pick #39) to Minnesota for Devin Setoguchi.
Minnesota then trades that pick at the 2014 trade deadline to Buffalo in the Matt Moulson deal.
Washington trades up sending Buffalo the 44th and 74th at the draft to select Vitek Vanacek at number 39.
Vanacek plays 37 regular season and 1 playoff game in Washington before being selected in the Seattle expansion draft.
Washington trades a 2023 2nd round pick to Seattle to get Vanacek back. This is two days after getting this 2nd round pick from Winnipeg for Brendan Dillon.
Vanacek plays 44 more games for Washington but the next offseason is traded to New Jersey, along with the other draft pick acquired from Winnipeg in the Brendan Dillon trade for two more draft picks (one used to select Ryan Chesley)
New Jersey trades Vanacek to San Jose for Kaapo Kahkonen and a future 7th round pick. At the end of the season Kahkonen signs with Winnipeg.

I almost want to keep going backwards as Setoguchi was selected by the Sharks after trading up with Atlanta.

Reactions: jetsforever

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Chevy tends to do a very job getting the best years out of a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad