A "look back" at a trade "Brendan Dillon" for 2 x 2nd rounders

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Could have worked by just letting Stan walk and trading Iafallo with maybe 1-2m retained if necessary...

Next year would have been okay with Wheeler coming off the books but again there are a lot of guys ready for raises - like I hope we don't bridge Samberg.
Sammy was bridged already.

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Do you really want to move Heinola to the right? Because that would have had to happen if we re-signed Dillon. Couldn’t let Stanley walk as he is under contract this year. We are conservative enough as an organization as it is but if we don’t even give opportunities to first round picks coming off their ELCs it will be near impossible for any prospects to break into the lineup.
Im just talking about what I would have done... I know TNSE is super conservative.

Stanley was not under contract while signing Dillon was still an option.

That being said, we seem fine playing Salomondsson on his off-side now so what's the big deal.

Im on Heinola's side but Dillon is still the better option if we are keeping the window open. Moot point now anyway.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Great value for what we paid - we got a lot of service out of him and he filled a gap that we had with our up and coming D.

In a perfect world we'd have had him for one more year, but I don't know that paying him 16MM and keeping him for 3 years beyond last season is better than losing him.

Overally I'd tell Chevy to pull the trigger if I could go back in time. Now, Nate Schmidt on the other hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad