A J Spellacy will he be the next Tom Wilson ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
His athletic traits are off the charts and he could have played D1 Football, which is very impressive as a draft pick in a sport where players tend to be ultra-specialized from a young age. As is though, he is a 3rd round pick who will be going back to Juniors, so let's ease up on the hype bandwagon for now.

Briser la glace

Aug 28, 2024
briserlaglace-podcast.com
Spellacy is a very good athlete, a very strong skater and very physical. I would not be surprised if he becomes one of the good 4th liners in the league, but I don't think he will become a first liner, not even a Top-6 guy. I was very high on him (30th OA) due to his very high floor and athleticism, but I think his offensive ceiling is very limited.

Reactions: dj Mahoney

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Liam Foudy was a hell of an athlete as well, but it takes more than that to succeed at the NHL level. I think Spellacy's development will be fun to watch but I'd pump the brakes for now.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think being the next Rempe would be a better target. Tom Wilson type scoring is a long way from where Spellacy's puck game is.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I think being the next Rempe would be a better target. Tom Wilson type scoring is a long way from where Spellacy's puck game is.
Well If you look purely at stats before they were drafted Spellacy seems to have the advantage there . A J doesn't really have the experience either so many are saying the sky is the limit with such a raw product . Time will tell .

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Depends where does he rank on the scale of alpha Rogan, sean Strickland, Alex Jones or Ben Shapiro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad