Podcast (Audio) A couple of Winnipeg snippets from a recent Paul Maurice interview

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That’s really cool to hear about Keith Tkachuk.

All kinds of third and fourth hand “Tkachuk is an a-hole” stories that have floated around Winnipeg dating back to Jets 1.0, glad that PoMo highlighted another side we haven’t often heard about.
Tkachuk married a local girl, was back here every summer, ran an annual charity golf tourney, was 100% behind the NHL's return to the city. Guy got a bad rap because he wanted to get paid the big bucks.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Tkachuk married a local girl, was back here every summer, ran an annual charity golf tourney, was 100% behind the NHL's return to the city. Guy got a bad rap because he wanted to get paid the big bucks.
I had a few friends that had negative run ins with him in his fiirst year here, but I think that can be attributed to being an overconfident teenager moreso than a reflection of his actual character.

I'm sure we all said and did things when we were 19 that maybe we aren't so proud of today

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
I had a few friends that had negative run ins with him in his fiirst year here, but I think that can be attributed to being an overconfident teenager moreso than a reflection of his actual character.

I'm sure we all said and did things when we were 19 that maybe we aren't so proud of today

Oh I had a run in with him, saw him at Grapes on Main, said whats up, didn't even acknowledge me or pretend I was there.

Thought he was a prick ever since.

But like you said, he was 20 at the time i think, and I was 18, so might needed a few years to grow up.

Reactions: Buffdog

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016

Agreed. I saw him at the Superstore at on Grant at Kenaston during his rookie season and he looked like he was checking out how many people recognized him. Not a good look, but is was his rookie year and it seems he had an overwhelming number of positive vs negative interactions with fans so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. That he has a close knit family with his wife and kids says a ton in my books as well.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Oh I had a run in with him, saw him at Grapes on Main, said whats up, didn't even acknowledge me or pretend I was there.

Thought he was a prick ever since.

But like you said, he was 20 at the time i think, and I was 18, so might needed a few years to grow up.
Maybe he wasn't there to meet fans? Famous people don't always want to talk to strangers believe it or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad