Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
I have Danielson above Kasper, both in terms of skill and NHL readiness. More than likely they'll both play in GR where we can see a direct comparison next season.

c6e405b719471ed8e7a8f17944a98088.jpg

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Raymond... Berggren... Lombardi.
Raymond is first line
Berggren 2-3 , there is speculation is going to get traded
Lombardi, is he going to make NHL?
Danielson 2-4 line player, he's probably better than Veleno , but not by much

• Haha
Reactions: Ricelund

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I would've said Kane. He sucks defensively. Sprong has played better defensively this season than he ever has. His first NHL season without getting scratched.

Kind of hard to bring up Kane as justification when you’re talking about one of the smartest and most skilled playmakers the sport has ever seen. He’s 35 with a hip resurfacing playing 2nd line ice time and sitting at a point per game clip. It’s unheard of.

He’s allowed to be bad defensively. Berggren isn’t allowed to be because he’s not going to produce as much offense as Kane is right now.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I have Danielson above Kasper, both in terms of skill and NHL readiness. More than likely they'll both play in GR where we can see a direct comparison next season.
Yeah, Marco Kasper has over 50% of his goals and around 40% of his total points against one team in 6 games.

Diving further you'll realize he's stacked up points with high ice time against... literally the three worst AHL teams in the league. So... yeah, he's got a way to go still. Harbored ice time against good teams, feasting on bad teams, not a bad move by the coaching staff but hardly NHL ready(IMO).

People here purely stat tracking, watch a highlight or reading articles don't want to hear things like what I just pointed out though.

I think both him and Danielson will start out in the AHL next year. I don't think Yzerman comes into the season with them as locks in the roster if Simon Edvinsson didn't get one this year.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
OgeeOgelthorpe with wheels, hands, a functioning brain, and good drink recommendations.
When has Ogee steered us wrong drink wise?! This is an outrage

Raymond is first line
Berggren 2-3 , there is speculation is going to get traded
Lombardi, is he going to make NHL?
Danielson 2-4 line player, he's probably better than Veleno , but not by much
How do you have Danielson as a 2-4 line player, but nor much better than Veleno?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, Marco Kasper has over 50% of his goals and around 40% of his total points against one team in 6 games.

Diving further you'll realize he's stacked up points with high ice time against... literally the three worst AHL teams in the league. So... yeah, he's got a way to go still. Harbored ice time against good teams, feasting on bad teams, not a bad move by the coaching staff but hardly NHL ready(IMO).

People here purely stat tracking, watch a highlight or reading articles don't want to hear things like what I just pointed out though.

I think both him and Danielson will start out in the AHL next year. I don't think Yzerman comes into the season with them as locks in the roster if Simon Edvinsson didn't get one this year.
I wonder how those three AHL teams would do against the Kamloops Blazers, Seattle Thunderbirds, or Edmonton Oil Kings...

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
When has Ogee steered us wrong drink wise?! This is an outrage

How do you have Danielson as a 2-4 line player, but nor much better than Veleno?
Maybe it just one game , but when I see he shoots every time he could, give me big question about his hockey IQ. First line player should look for better opportunities every time . Rasmussen , Veleno, Kasper, Danielson about the same level, very good , but not first line. Seider Raymond and probably Edvinsson and ASP on the different level

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Maybe it just one game , but when I see he shoots every time he could, give me big question about his hockey IQ. First line player should look for better opportunities every time . Rasmussen , Veleno, Kasper, Danielson about the same level, very good , but not first line. Seider Raymond and probably Edvinsson and ASP on the different level

Nah, Larkin was shoot-first as a younger kid and now making plays well. That thing will evolve.

I already saw great passes on Wings pre-season games, he'll be fine with pro linemates.

Reactions: 14ari13 and lilidk

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Nah, Larkin was shoot-first as a younger kid and now making plays well. That thing will evolve.

I already saw great passes on Wings pre-season games, he'll be fine with pro linemates.
This 100% for Larkin. Larkin spent at least his 1st 2 seasons as a Red Wing being at best a mid playmaker that rarely used his linemates. Season 3 saw him make improvements 5 on 5 (big assist jump) and season 4 saw it really improve on the PP.

Also I will gladly take a LFG+ hands for our 2nd line center. Means he can score forehand and backhand, play almost Selke worthy defense and be an elite faceoff guy. Thats a perfect guy to pair with a Helm+ hands guys :)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
There have been times this year Veleno has shown flashes of actually being a 2c.
He's played on all 4 lines this season, but there's no consistency to his offensive output, and he makes terrible puck decisions. He's trending to be a 3rd line winger or 4th line center. I have that as Danielson's floor.

The weird thing about Joey is that he actually has some moves, but never uses them. His shooting % is pretty good as well, but he rarely shoots. Danielson will carry the puck and shoot, so he's got that going for him.

This 100% for Larkin. Larkin spent at least his 1st 2 seasons as a Red Wing being at best a mid playmaker that rarely used his linemates. Season 3 saw him make improvements 5 on 5 (big assist jump) and season 4 saw it really improve on the PP.

Also I will gladly take a LFG+ hands for our 2nd line center. Means he can score forehand and backhand, play almost Selke worthy defense and be an elite faceoff guy. Thats a perfect guy to pair with a Helm+ hands guys :)
LFG didn't have much hockey IQ though. Defensively he was a puck chaser, and offensively he was terrible at anticipating the puck. It was evident when he played with Hirose. It was obvious that Hirose was gonna one touch the puck (because he always does at the NHL level), LFG never put himself in position for a pass.

LFG with hands is better than slow Helm though.

Reactions: lilidk

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
LFG didn't have much hockey IQ though. Defensively he was a puck chaser, and offensively he was terrible at anticipating the puck. It was evident when he played with Hirose. It was obvious that Hirose was gonna one touch the puck (because he always does at the NHL level), LFG never put himself in position for a pass.

LFG with hands is better than slow Helm though.
Get LFG's name out yo mothaf***** mouth! :naughty:

Seriously though, LFG had excellent defensive IQ (and very little offensive IQ, yes). He was a high-effort puck hound, yeah. So were Hank and Dats. Doesn't mean they weren't also good defensively. LFG read lanes better than anyone in Detroit since Zetterberg. He was always my litmus test on this forum to see who understood defensive hockey and who didn't lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad