GDT: #9 | Canadiens at Flyers | Sunday, October 27, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP, 93.3 FM

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What's the origin of this?

Oh, it’s nothing matter of fact, just intuition. Do you think the 5th overall pick last year, which the Flyers asked for from Montreal, was considered less valuable than Hutson (drafted 62nd the year before)? We don’t have to pretend the Flyers didn’t choose Drysdale based on draft pedigree, Bob Murray, and handedness. If it wasn’t Hutson, it was someone else (Zellweger, etc.) And we know they’ve avoided drafting skilled LHD in multiple classes because of York and Andrae.

So, I’d wager to say they internally rated Drysdale as more valuable than Hutson. They drafted Kaplan 7 spots lower too. If they traded up for Spencer Gill this year in the 2nd, they had their chance if they rated Hutson that highly a year earlier.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
So how did Kolosov do? My thought when we first got him would he be to short. I love how fast he is but that was my biggest fear

Barely over a period, but looks far more comfortable than Fedotov has thus far. Neither goal really agregious and several nice stops. No fumbling with his glove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad