GDT: 9/28/24 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville [Preseason Game 3]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Paul can play wing too, and we are talking about 3 games while eyssimont is out, Geekie would only get an extended look if he does well. Goncalves hasn't had a good enough camp to beat out some of the other guys imo and his numbers aren't that great, comparable to Sokolov who got waived last year. If he plays well in the regular season or there are injuries he might get called up then.
And Geekie has? I haven't seen much that says he's earned a roster spot yet either. Goncalves also is waiver eligible, and he's better suited for a bottom 6 role. Geekie can be 1st call up, especially if he tears it up in Syracuse. Maybe Tampa risks Goncalves to waivers, but if he's done well in camp and practices, two preseason games likely doesn't cost him a spot.

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
And Geekie has? I haven't seen much that says he's earned a roster spot yet either. Goncalves also is waiver eligible, and he's better suited for a bottom 6 role. Geekie can be 1st call up, especially if he teats it up in Syracuse. Maybe Tampa risks Goncalves to waivers, but if he's done well in camp and practices, two preseason games likely doesn't cost him a spot.
Yes I think Geekie has been better in camp so far. I don't think Goncalves is more suited to the bottom 6 he is more of a playmaker and got most of his points on the PP but we can agree to disagree.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yes I think Geekie has been better in camp so far. I don't think Goncalves is more suited to the bottom 6 he is more of a playmaker and got most of his points on the PP but we can agree to disagree.
Geekie has scored one goal and has made mistakes as well. Most importantly, Tampa never skips development of prospects in Syracuse, and Geekie simply hasn't been so good that he gets to skip that. Goncalves has looked fine, and he has developed well with Syracuse. He should get an opportunity in Tampa to see if he can stick, and if he can't cut it, then like ABB, Merela and others, he can be waived. Brown likely gets more time anyway, and none of Sheary, Atkinson, Chaffee etc are getting demoted below any of these guys anyway, at least not initially.

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad