GDT: 9/24/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 1]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Regarding Logan Brown, last year when we signed him the comments I saw from Ottawa and St. Louis fans were that Brown had the ability to be a good player (obviously drafted 11th overall for a reason), but mainly didn't give a consistent effort . Now on his 3rd team, no guaranteed contract, after missing an entire year, maybe the urgency that was missing is there. I see a player competing not just for a job, but maybe for his career. Don't want to jump the gun, but so far so good.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Regarding Logan Brown, last year when we signed him the comments I saw from Ottawa and St. Louis fans were that Brown had the ability to be a good player (obviously drafted 11th overall for a reason), but mainly didn't give a consistent effort . Now on his 3rd team, no guaranteed contract, after missing an entire year, maybe the urgency that was missing is there. I see a player competing not just for a job, but maybe for his career. Don't want to jump the gun, but so far so good.
He's also injury prone.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He's also injury prone.
Some of these concerns were things that have followed him since his draft too. From draft night on Sportsnet:
Sam Cosentino:
"Everyone projected this guy to be a top 15 pick, and he started the year, and you looked at his game: he's a little soft, he didn't play with much bite, he didn't shoot the puck much, he didn't get involved in the corners, and some of the tougher areas on the ice."
Mike Johnson:
"I think that might be a bit of a negative cogitation if you need a guy like Brendan Lemieux to drag you into games, and get you engaged, and get you to play with a little more jam. Maybe that's a bit of concern."
Also at age 26, maybe this is now or never for him. You're not thought of as a young promising prospect with potential anymore at that age. Whatever the reason, I hope he continues to play well this preseason.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Some of these concerns were things that have followed him since his draft too. From draft night on Sportsnet:

Also at age 26, maybe this is now or never for him. You're not thought of as a young promising prospect with potential anymore at that age. Whatever the reason, I hope he continues to play well this preseason.
He’s the perfect guy to take a flyer on. Lost his way in his first try, suffered some serious injuries, and he’s in now-or-never territory. And we could use that bigass size.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If this goes to OT, keep Cirelli and Paul and the regulars on the bench. Let some of the guys in competition go for the win.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Pretty easy to say good game for Logan Brown. Carlile was very active. I don't mind him pushing Lilleberg for his spot on the depth chart with Lilleberg struggling. Hard night for Goncalves as a play maker to create when your options are Sheary and Cirelli. Hopefully he gets new linemates in the next game. Speaking of Sheary, again, if I could, he would be outta here and that would open up another spot in this preseason battle. Waive him and stick him in Syracuse a la Phil Myers. Mitchell Chaffee is probably pretty safe to make the team, but I'd like him to take a step forward this season now that he has some experience. The worst thing he could do is get too comfortable and complacent thinking he's a lock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad