#87 Sidney Crosby Milestone Thread - History will be made (1600 points)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Imagine if he wasn't hurt for some of his prime? He would already be near Mario Lemieux. and probably finish his career 2nd or 3rd all time.
Funny that you post that given where would Lemieux's career totals be had he not had his own injury/health issues.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
With two goals tonight, Crosby has become the first and only player in NHL history to score more than 1 point per game in 19 consecutive seasons. Believe it or not, even Wayne Gretzky didn't do this (he scored exactly 1 point per game in 1995).

(Incoming - "but 22 games!")

Mr Buckles

Jun 6, 2018
The biggest surprise to me about Crosby has been his game away from the his "game." I've never seen a superstar play such a grinding game -- Forsberg comes closest I think but Sid was a better finisher and probably a better passer while Petr had a bit more size and was a bit more destructive in his checks.

Great post

Reactions: salwan and Richard

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
With his 40th goal of the season, Sidney Crosby became the 7th player 36 years or older to accomplish this in NHL history.

Wild to think it's only the third time he's scored 40 or more in a season. Obviously injuries and shortened seasons are a factor, and he isn't known as a goal scorer, but for someone closing in on 600 career goals it feels like a low total.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad