Post-Game Talk: #82 | Flyers at Blackhawks | April 13, 2023

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Serious question: Roughly how many games did you watch this season?
I’ve likely had 60-65 games on in the background. See how easy it is to answer questions when presented with them?

We get it, you’re the moral and intellectual superior being when it comes to the Flyers. You see things on a level that the rest of us can’t even dream of.

The team hasn’t improved in any meaningful way due to Torts. It’s a myth in order to make you and others feel better about the team. It’s a coping mechanism.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
shit hockey is when players don't try, Torts had the team trying most games this season

shit is where the Scouts haven't drafted right and the GM's Fletch AND Hexy trading picks as if they didn't matter, trading/signing malcontents hayes, jvr and tda AND certain high pics, Patrick, out and out QUIT on their teams .

hoping Briere see's this and improves our Scouting dept. somehow ..... just a humble opinion

Reactions: renberg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I’ve likely had 60-65 games on in the background. See how easy it is to answer questions when presented with them?

We get it, you’re the moral and intellectual superior being when it comes to the Flyers. You see things on a level that the rest of us can’t even dream of.

The team hasn’t improved in any meaningful way due to Torts. It’s a myth in order to make you and others feel better about the team. It’s a coping mechanism.
How many did you watch with a tinfoil hat on though?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
No, shit hockey is when you absolutely suck, whether trying or not, and there's absolutely nothing exciting in the pipeline coming to help...no hope. The last time the Flyers sucked this bad was in the late 80's early 90's. Even before trading for Lindros, there was still hope. We drafted Ricci and Forsberg, we already had a young Brind'Amour and Recchi, more top picks coming, no cap...there was hope. The current roster is a shit show with no hope at all that we can see. Unless we get lucky and jump to #1 or #2 in the draft...hope is very thin.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
shit hockey is when players don't try, Torts had the team trying most games this season

shit is where the Scouts haven't drafted right and the GM's Fletch AND Hexy trading picks as if they didn't matter, trading/signing malcontents hayes, jvr and tda AND certain high pics, Patrick, out and out QUIT on their teams .

hoping Briere see's this and improves our Scouting dept. somehow ..... just a humble opinion

Shit is getting blown apart while your coach doesn't understand you win by scoring.

Effort wasn't the problem last year. The Hayes Group aside, the team was trying. But AV is an Eakins-style coach (or vice versa) so there was no cohesion. F and D were separate units.

No, shit hockey is when you absolutely suck, whether trying or not, and there's absolutely nothing exciting in the pipeline coming to help...no hope. The last time the Flyers sucked this bad was in the late 80's early 90's. Even before trading for Lindros, there was still hope. We drafted Ricci and Forsberg, we already had a young Brind'Amour and Recchi, more top picks coming, no cap...there was hope. The current roster is a shit show with no hope at all that we can see. Unless we get lucky and jump to #1 or #2 in the draft...hope is very thin.

And this says it even better

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So we can't bash the God Emperor for not being behind the bench...

Can we bash him for hiding and the team winning percentage being better during the games he hid?

And yes I was against the God Emperor from day one because 2004 was a long time ago to win a cup. And with half the teams in the league making the playoffs a first round exit isn't really a successful season. It's a smoke and mirrors success.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
giphy.gif
And oh by the way. Which one's pink?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So we can't bash the God Emperor for not being behind the bench...

Can we bash him for hiding and the team winning percentage being better during the games he hid?

And yes I was against the God Emperor from day one because 2004 was a long time ago to win a cup. And with half the teams in the league making the playoffs a first round exit isn't really a successful season. It's a smoke and mirrors success.

I spent years in a FB hockey group with friends. The bulk of them were Rangers and Caps fans. I watched a ton of their team's games to be on the same page as them for discussion. I've absorbed a huge amount of Tortorella. I know who he is. I didn't want him. That's how I knew AV would go badly too.

This team has spent a decade repeatedly hiring the coaches I want least. I think the only two coaches they haven't touched on my "Never Hire" list are Byslma and Eakins. AV and Tortorella back to back is a crushing duo. At least Hakstol had right ideas (no idea how to execute them, as it turned out) and theoretically the chance to develop and grow. Not so with them other two.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Other than Mrazek when both our goalies were injured or packaging picks to move up in the draft, when did Hextall ever trade a pick? Hextall definitely had faults in his time here, but he was very good at accumulating picks, not bleeding them.
how did he help the Flyers ? .....picking Patrick over Makar was a beauty, EH ?? :banghead:

BTW - Pens fire front-office trio after playoff streak ends

• Haha
Reactions: pit and tucson83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad