GDT: #82 | Flyers at Blackhawks | April 13, 2023 | 8:30 PM | NBCSCH, NBCSP, ESPN+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Coates had a good line at the beginning of his interview with Myrtetus this morning.

When introducing Coatesy, Myrtetus mentioned his upcoming retirement but said Coatesy would still be around, “invading local golf courses & pubs.”

Coatesy responded: “First of all, I’ve never ‘invaded’ a bar. I’ve always walked in very casually. How I’ve walked out may be a different story.”

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Coates had a good line at the beginning of his interview with Myrtetus this morning.

When introducing Coatesy, Myrtetus mentioned his upcoming retirement but said Coatesy would still be around, “invading local golf courses & pubs.”

Coatesy responded: “First of all, I’ve never ‘invaded’ a bar. I’ve always walked in very casually. How I’ve walked out may be a different story.”

Prior to a game against the Capitals a ways back, Coatesy was talking about Brayden Holtby and how, prior to each game, he'd sit alone for hours in the same spot of the arena and just stare at the 4'x6' frame of the net, visualizing his game. Saunders listened patiently to this whole bit before simply saying "Sounds like you whenever you walk into a new bar."

Last edited:

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
I hate legalized online betting in Canada now. Since they OK'd it, all the sports talk programs are about betting lines and parlays and props. I don't gamble, so I don't care. However, there was a good discussion about whether, in his last game as a Hawk, Toews would try hard and score some goals, or whether he'd do the right thing and lead the tank to completion.

Since this is a game the Flyers CAN win without compromising their draft spot, I have to assume they will try to win, but blow it.
100% agree and absolutely hate legalized sports betting seeping into every aspect of sports coverage. I don’t care if anyone bets on sports. I think it should be kept farther apart from the actual sport.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Sandstrom in.

TDA scratched.

Justin Braun on the power play - apparently they're going to try very hard to get him to 200 points.

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad