Post-Game Talk: 8 and oh, baby. Jets win 5-3.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I thought the penalty calls were legit. Felt the three in the second to Ehlers, Nino and Samberg were a lot softer. Obviously the Anderson trip was unfortunate as his stick got caught behind his teammate's foot and wouldn't give way when 55 came steaming through, but it's a trip nonetheless.

Kadri's slash was vicious and way over the top for a offensive zone pressure.

If the Flames want to complain, they should look at Kadri and that slew-footing dirtbag first. Those two cost them points.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
8-0 start and all we had to do was bring in two new coaches, elevate an assistant to HC and let Monahan, Toffoli and Dillion walk to FA
That was addition by subtraction. All 3 were slower players heading into the twighlight of their careers. I miss Dillon because he embraced being here and played hard but the other two were not real Jets.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It'll probably go something like this...
"I see you guys were involved in a stretch of games were you lost 4; best I can do is a low-baller bridge deal. Next!"
We don't have anyone in a bridge deal position, but in general terms we need Chevy to get these contracts right, and a lot of that will be grinding the best deals possible. We have 9 pending UFAs and RFAs, not counting Fleury and Coghlan. Chevy can't go all Leafs GMing and overpay close to 1/2 the team because we started the season 8-0.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pionk has been our best defenseman so far this season. So would have thought that would be true and we'd be 8-0

Samberg has been good too but he struggled last night.

Demelo has struggled and Morrissey has been good but nowhere near his best. They'll be fine

The bottom pair has played just fine for a bottom pair. I don't know how Stan gets pushed off the puck so much - that should be one of his 'strengths'

Connor is playing a 200 for game and his best as a pro. That shot is so lethal. Schiefele has more to give, and Vilardi is still in tc.

Second line is really starting to click. I love their makeup and now that the chemistry is starting to develop is very good news for the Jets.

third line in peak grindy, cycley mode. With them pitching in offensively teams must hate playing against them.

Kupari better sort a couple things out or Gus is going to draw in and if he takes that opportunity and runs with it Kupari could have a long spell in the press box.

Comrie let in 2 short guy fugly goals but he battled hard and made some good saves too. The Flames borked several grade A chances though, we could have easily been down a couple in the 3rd. The Jets will have to outscore bad goals from Comrie all season I think.

It's so amazing to have top 5 special teams. Anything over 100% combined is successful and they're at 131%

Last edited:

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Still disgusted we are not getting Monday’s game on TV.
It's so dumb. NHL being very anti-fan by splitting NHL games into yet more services.

Just sign up for a 30 day free trial of prime and then cancel. Or borrow a friend's prime account (they don't crack down on sharing nearly as much as Netflix). I'll be doing the latter.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
It's so dumb. NHL being very anti-fan by splitting NHL games into yet more services.

Just sign up for a 30 day free trial of prime and then cancel. Or borrow a friend's prime account (they don't crack down on sharing nearly as much as Netflix). I'll be doing the latter.
The sign up for a free month only works once. What about the next game ?

What about the the people that don't have or can't even get decent internet ? There are lots of people that have No chance of watching.

I won't be watching, listening or following any stream only broadcasts.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Pionk has been our best defenseman so far this season. So would have thought that would be true and we'd be 8-0

Samberg has been good too but he struggled last night.

Demelo has struggled and Morrissey has been good but nowhere near his best. They'll be fine

The bottom pair has played just fine for a bottom pair. I don't know how Stan gets pushed off the puck so much - that should be one of his 'strengths'

Connor is playing a 200 for game and his best as a pro. That shot is so lethal. Schiefele has more to give, and Vilardi is still in tc.

Second line is really starting to click. I love their makeup and now that the chemistry is starting to develop is very good news for the Jets.

third line in peak grindy, cycley mode. With them pitching in offensively teams must hate playing against them.

Kupari better sort a couple things out or Gus is going to draw in and if he takes that opportunity and runs with it Kupari could have a long spell in the press box.

Comrie let in 2 short guy fugly goals but he battled hard and made some good saves too. The Flames borked several grade A chances though, we could have easily been down a couple in the 3rd. The Jets will have to outscore bad goals from Comrie all season I think.

It's so amazing to have top 5 special teams. Anything over 100% combined is successful and they're at 131%

Last year it was our 5 v 5 play but mostly our goaltending that carried us despite terrible special teams. This season Helle remains our savior .940 but we have flipped the script and our special teams are on the mother of all heaters.

I’ll need to catch up on the actual games. I have been too busy to very much.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Unless you pony up money to Bezos or sail the high seas you wont be watching 4 Jets telecasts this year
well that sucks, all part of the NHL's grow the game no doubt!

And the Jets/Leafs probably the game most want to watch!

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
The sign up for a free month only works once. What about the next game ?

What about the the people that don't have or can't even get decent internet ? There are lots of people that have No chance of watching.

I won't be watching, listening or following any stream only broadcasts.
I'm not defending the crappy decision - just offering possible solutions. Yeah man, it sucks.

Can't do anything about people with poor Internet connections.

But there are always workarounds. Many on here don't have cable at all and choose to sail the seven seas. Then the NHL/Amazon/Rogers/Bell get dick-all. The more they screw around like that the more people go that route.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I view Monday's game as a positive - who wants to listen to Prime Video wackos boot-lick the Laffs to appease their wacko fans?

This way I get to point at them and laugh for not getting my money and having their Play by Play commentators sulk at a Laffs loss :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad