Post-Game Talk: 8 and oh, baby. Jets win 5-3.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I thought the penalty calls were legit. Felt the three in the second to Ehlers, Nino and Samberg were a lot softer. Obviously the Anderson trip was unfortunate as his stick got caught behind his teammate's foot and wouldn't give way when 55 came steaming through, but it's a trip nonetheless.

Kadri's slash was vicious and way over the top for a offensive zone pressure.

If the Flames want to complain, they should look at Kadri and that slew-footing dirtbag first. Those two cost them points.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
8-0 start and all we had to do was bring in two new coaches, elevate an assistant to HC and let Monahan, Toffoli and Dillion walk to FA
That was addition by subtraction. All 3 were slower players heading into the twighlight of their careers. I miss Dillon because he embraced being here and played hard but the other two were not real Jets.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It'll probably go something like this...
"I see you guys were involved in a stretch of games were you lost 4; best I can do is a low-baller bridge deal. Next!"
We don't have anyone in a bridge deal position, but in general terms we need Chevy to get these contracts right, and a lot of that will be grinding the best deals possible. We have 9 pending UFAs and RFAs, not counting Fleury and Coghlan. Chevy can't go all Leafs GMing and overpay close to 1/2 the team because we started the season 8-0.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad