Post-Game Talk: 8-1 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Interesting

Reinhart had 8 minutes of ice time after the 1rst but only total 19 minutes. Thats 11 minutes in last two periods.

Forsling only had 21 minutes (-2), Ekblad 19 (-4)

4th line logged near 11 minutes (Stenlund 13+ with PK time)

Clearly Pomo turned off the "push"

How bad did we play? Nurse and Ceci were +3

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Interesting

Reinhart had 8 minutes of ice time after the 1rst but only total 19 minutes. Thats 11 minutes in last two periods.

Forsling only had 21 minutes (-2), Ekblad 19 (-4)

4th line logged near 11 minutes (Stenlund 13+ with PK time)

Clearly Pomo turned off the "push"

How bad did we play? Nurse and Ceci were +3
Prob tells me theyre decently injured and after the first they mailed it in to rest up

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Huh
Mavs blew out the celtics the other day to prevent being swept, think biggest point differential in nba finals

Guess well know how tuesday goes with how the game goes monday

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Some piece of trash threw something at me at the game and smoked an old lady in the head.

I hate this garbage city
Most people at the rink were pretty nice and good natured about it. A few people who went out of their way to stick a middle finger in my face on the way out... Way to go, hope you feel good down 3-1. Honorable mention to the guy who sidled up as I left and asked if I had a rape whistle on me, and that I should get off the streets and back to my hotel or I was going to need it. Absolutely psychotic comment to make about a hockey game.

Have to give it to them for their atmosphere though. I never heard their goal horn all night; the crowd drowned it out.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Oilers win 1 game and the fans come out of the woodwork in the mainboards talking all kinds of smacks.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
My parents' cat (that I rescued some years ago) is apparently doing a lot better right now after having to go to the emergency vet, so I'm gonna be honest: I am revising my feeling after this game to "much better than after 9-3 last finals."
Rooting for you guys (Pens fan) but just wanted to post I am glad the cat is doing better. Good luck in game 5, you guys deserve this win.

Reactions: Vilam

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I thought we were gonna sweep. Hurts to admit how wrong that was.

But like Paul said, oilers style is rush offense and we failed to contain it. When we do contain it (the first 3 games), the result is what we had. Oilers can’t really play any other style, because the other styles don’t give them a chance. So they will keep sending their forwards out as soon as their D sniffs the puck, hoping for odd man rushes. Tonight our D didn’t contain them and our forwards pinched at wrong times. They were wanting too much to finish it tonight and became impatient. They paid for their impatience.

Next.

ETA: I hope the team gets additional energy from how much the national media is against them.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Observations from the lower bowl tonight

Man is that arena ever loud. Couldn’t help be a bit happy for oil fans. They showed up big time tonight.

Our fourth line is terrible. Stenlund is great, Lorentz is not good. Okposo is super meh. They ice the puck so much and then bleed chances to McDrai.

19, 23 and 13 are all milk cartons right now. 19 especially looks totally disinterested in winning a fourth game. Need our stars to be stars.

Our third line rocks.

PP1 is totally cooked. Other teams just sit on Reino and we just let them take turns clearing the puck. I love montour but man I can’t stand him on PP1.

Bob got no help tonight. Man did he look defeated coming off the ice. If he goes into a depression this could get bad.

We’ll know 5 minutes into game 5 if this is going 7 or not. Time to show up and end this.

Also this site is unusable on mobile. My god.

Justlou4545

Jul 14, 2007
Hialeah,Fl
Observations from the lower bowl tonight

Man is that arena ever loud. Couldn’t help be a bit happy for oil fans. They showed up big time tonight.

Our fourth line is terrible. Stenlund is great, Lorentz is not good. Okposo is super meh. They ice the puck so much and then bleed chances to McDrai.

19, 23 and 13 are all milk cartons right now. 19 especially looks totally disinterested in winning a fourth game. Need our stars to be stars.

Our third line rocks.

PP1 is totally cooked. Other teams just sit on Reino and we just let them take turns clearing the puck. I love montour but man I can’t stand him on PP1.

Bob got no help tonight. Man did he look defeated coming off the ice. If he goes into a depression this could get bad.

We’ll know 5 minutes into game 5 if this is going 7 or not. Time to show up and end this.

Also this site is unusable on mobile. My god.
Line 2 wasn't great last game either need a lot more from that line.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Imo erod needs to go back to 2nd line to help them out

Otherwise theres no defense on that like whatsover. Barky and reino can cover for swaggys lack of interest playing defense

Idk whats wrong with reino and verhaeghe but outside of their good starts in the first two series theyve been here and there.

3rd line has been our best looking line these past two series.

4th line is ok, but i do think its run its course, put lombo in over okposo or lorentz. Heck id even suit up gadjo too.

1st line barkov looked off this game, hope his heads ok.

As for bob, this team f***ing collapses if he has an off night. Hes still the CS winner in my book if we manage to scrape back after just blowing this one hard.

Even if we win the series wtf was this game, its hard to win im not that mad we split on the road vs a good oilers team, but no good team loses 8-1 in the playoffs. Even the shitty ass capitals didnt manage to do that

Reactions: Mogo

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
Most people at the rink were pretty nice and good natured about it. A few people who went out of their way to stick a middle finger in my face on the way out... Way to go, hope you feel good down 3-1. Honorable mention to the guy who sidled up as I left and asked if I had a rape whistle on me, and that I should get off the streets and back to my hotel or I was going to need it. Absolutely psychotic comment to make about a hockey game.

Have to give it to them for their atmosphere though. I never heard their goal horn all night; the crowd drowned it out.
Crossing the street we had a car threatening to run us over.

The fans were nice pre-game though lol.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Back to the game. And this isn’t a silver lining either. The oilers are a one dimensional team, tonight they executed it the best they have, but at the same time they put it their rush offense out on full display all game long.

They’ll try the long pass to one wing and then the winger takes it in the o-zone and hopes for a pass to be open to the other wing, or waits for the center (or even a D) to catch up and drops it. They’re trying to create 2-on-1 and 3-on-2 and can execute that pretty well.

Take that away and they’ve got nothing other than McD circling around or Drai shooting from 1 degree angle.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
You seem like a huge moron. Just throwing that out there.

I'm not. The only positive takeaway from tonight's game is that it only counted as one loss.
Yeah, if we used goal differential like they do in soccer, the series is even now. I was at a graduation party on the Strip, saw it at 4-1 then didn't bother to check back. Blech.

Shake it off. And beat their asses. Win game 5 for the 305.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad