GDT: #8 ⋅ ANA @ NJD ⋅ 4:00 PM PDT

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Hazy- "When the Ducks have their legs moving they're a good team"

No, when they skate they look like they may in fact be an NHL team. A good one? That's a stretch.

Reactions: 70sSanO

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
5cb76e27-127c-45a8-83e2-a9b4623f98c9_text.gif

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
This is the team. Last year you could say it was because of injuries. This year, I guess you can say it’s still early, things could change. But it won’t be early much longer.

Best case scenario is Dostal keeps the record respectable, the light switch turns on for the kids somewhere in there, and we end up with the first decent season in a long time. Pretty long odds for that IMO.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
This is the team. Last year you could say it was because of injuries. This year, I guess you can say it’s still early, things could change. But it won’t be early much longer.

Best case scenario is Dostal keeps the record respectable, the light switch turns on for the kids somewhere in there, and we end up with the first decent season in a long time. Pretty long odds for that IMO.

I want to know where the guys from the beginning of last year went.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yeah this right here. It’s only Game 8, with a brutal schedule to start, the kids are gonna have to get better as we chug along this season. Unless one or two of our kids breaks out it’s going to be just shuffling chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

It’s a shame I felt they put on a great effort against the Rangers after a poor 1st period, and could have gotten at least a point out of that game.

Tonight it was just not good at all.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I want to know where the guys from the beginning of last year went.

Personally I think they got sick of Cronin's message. That Lyubushkin interview makes it seem plausible that a bunch of young players wouldn't be huge on Cronin as a coach. And I don't need an insider to see accountability is preached but not handled the same player to player.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

It's another development year in Verbeek's reset rebuild. The problems identified last year (ES offense) continues to resurface early this season. And our older vets are now looking older. Shining lights are Dostal and Terry.

Anaheim did have a decent 2/3rds of a season in 2021-22 as we were 3rd in the Pacific at all-star break and 4 points away from 3rd in the Pacific at the TDL. Everything cratered after the TDL and we finished 23 points away from 3rd in the Pacific. Finished with the 10th worst record in the league. We've been abhorrent since.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Anaheim did have a decent 2/3rds of a season in 2021-22 as we were 3rd in the Pacific at all-star break and 4 points away from 3rd in the Pacific at the TDL. Everything cratered after the TDL and we finished 23 points away from 3rd in the Pacific. Finished with the 10th worst record in the league. We've been abhorrent since.
Yeah no, the collapse started well before the trade deadline

Reactions: Deuce22

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
looking for something positive, pretty good game for Gauthier after a rough one I thought. Feels like every one of our rookie forwards has been snakebitten for several games before they finally get one.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah no, the collapse started well before the trade deadline

There was a dip, not a collapse before the TDL.

All-star break: 3rd in the Pacific
TDL: 4 points from 3rd in the Pacific
End of season: 23 points from 3rd in the Pacific

We didn't have Manson in 12 out of the last 14 games before the TDL because he was on IR at All-Star Break, when Verbeek was hired. Verbeek sat on his hands between All-star break and a couple of days before the TDL to get some defensive help in waiver pickup Sustr.

Collapse...

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
There was a dip, not a collapse before the TDL.

All-star break: 3rd in the Pacific
TDL: 4 points from 3rd in the Pacific
End of season: 23 points from 3rd in the Pacific

We didn't have Manson in 12 out of the last 14 games before the TDL because he was on IR at All-Star Break, when Verbeek was hired. Verbeek sat on his hands between All-star break and a couple of days before the TDL to get some defensive help in waiver pickup Sustr.

Collapse...

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif
You always mention the injury to Manson but I feel like that actually works against what you're trying to argue rather than supporting it. A team completely falling apart due to an injury to one player is a pretty good indicator that their success was fraudulent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad