GDT: #8 ⋅ ANA @ NJD ⋅ 4:00 PM PDT

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think most of us help fowler has a strong first half of the season so we can maybe get something of value for him

Unfortunately so far this year his good games to bad games ratio is pretty ehhh
Honestly that’s almost the entire team.

Also, I think these charts are pretty nonsense. People use them to justify their opinion when it matches, and find reasons why it’s flawed when they don’t.

Edit - and I will stand by the purpose of him being here is so the kids don’t get overused any more than they’re already doing so. It’d be great if he could figure out wtf motivates him and play like he can, but I want that for team success, not a draft pick that has no meaning for 3-5 years.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly that’s almost the entire team.

Also, I think these charts are pretty nonsense. People use them to justify their opinion when it matches, and find reasons why it’s flawed when they don’t.

Edit - and I will stand by the purpose of him being here is so the kids don’t get overused any more than they’re already doing so. It’d be great if he could figure out wtf motivates him and play like he can, but I want that for team success, not a draft pick that has no meaning for 3-5 years.
I’d hope the draft picks could turn into trades for middle age players, it’s obvious none of those are signing here now but with assets we can at least try to trade for pieces to help now

The pick at face value isn’t always great but there is the trade aspect of those extra picks/prospects to get players that we can’t seem to get in free agency

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
A lot of doom and gloom. The Ducks played a back-to-back on the road against a good team that was looking to break a losing streak. The Ducks played hard against the Rangers and it sucks they didn't get any points but they could have. Tonight seemed almost inevitable.

If the PP was better, the Ducks would probably have one or two more wins on the season. Overall, there are improvements from last season. There are a lot of players who still haven't shown up yet. The team still has plenty of time, opportunity, and room to improve.

The next three games will be pretty telling. I'm expecting the team to look much better and the play more even.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
A lot of doom and gloom. The Ducks played a back-to-back on the road against a good team that was looking to break a losing streak. The Ducks played hard against the Rangers and it sucks they didn't get any points but they could have. Tonight seemed almost inevitable.

If the PP was better, the Ducks would probably have one or two more wins on the season. Overall, there are improvements from last season. There are a lot of players who still haven't shown up yet. The team still has plenty of time, opportunity, and room to improve.

The next three games will be pretty telling. I'm expecting the team to look much better and the play more even.
It's not that they lost, it's the way they're losing. This team will have 1 good game followed by 2 - 4 terrible games. There is too much reliance on kids who are just trying to establish themselves. None if them are ready to lead.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
It's not that they lost, it's the way they're losing. This team will have 1 good game followed by 2 - 4 terrible games. There is too much reliance on kids who are just trying to establish themselves. None if them are ready to lead.

But part of that is who they are playing. Rangers, Avalanche, Devils, and Kings are all better teams and should outplay the Ducks. Utah and Sharks are weaker teams and the Ducks won. The next three games are against teams weaker teams and it will reveal a lot.

Reactions: MMC

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
But part of that is who they are playing. Rangers, Avalanche, Devils, and Kings are all better teams and should outplay the Ducks. Utah and Sharks are weaker teams and the Ducks won. The next three games are against teams weaker teams and it will reveal a lot.
Except they looked decent, if not good, against NYR and like hot garbage tonight. And the offense has been non existent vs just about anyone. There is way too much supposed talent to be this bad offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad