GDT: #8 ⋅ ANA @ NJD ⋅ 4:00 PM PDT

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
They're regressing to 22-23 Eakins level hockey defensively, Dostal is quite literally the only reason the numbers look functional.

The response to adversity is also discouraging, regardless of it being a B2B or not. @AngelDuck should demand a refund.
And sadly, have regressed to RC part deux offensively.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I understand this is just a transitional/developmental year with all the young guys in the lineup, but how long can you let this miserable play continue? This is a critical time for all the guys in that 20-23 age range. You're seriously hurting their development if this is the "system" and attitude you're going to play with regularly. Verbeek really has to take a hard look at making a coaching change, not because of the W-L record but because of what he has to be seeing on the ice.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
I remember whenever we played I expected a win. Then that shifted into "Hey, tonight can go either way." Now I just expect a loss. They've given me zero reason to feel otherwise. Cronin is a joke. We got rich f***ing clune running the power play. I dont remember the exact number but didn't gmpv interview like 40 potential coaches? And Cronin was the best choice? He sucks. We suck.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Need a proven coach and a GM willing to “overpay” in the offseason to get needed positions. Beek was too careful, as if the rookies are proving that they’ll take up that cap space yet.
I think this is kind of contradictory though, right?

Picking a rookie coach over a proven one is the opposite of being careful. It is looking like it might be a foolish decision now but it was a swing and one I appreciated him taking.

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Too many passengers out there. Killorn, Gauthier, McTavish, Zegras all contributing nothing right now. Vatrano looks like his confidence is gone.

There are guys who are giving it their all out there. I’d put Terry, Zellweger, Luneau, Mintyukov in that group. McGinn as well. But if a handful of guys are going and the rest are not, you get caved in every game like the Ducks do.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I understand this is just a transitional/developmental year with all the young guys in the lineup, but how long can you let this miserable play continue? This is a critical time for all the guys in that 20-23 age range. You're seriously hurting their development if this is the "system" and attitude you're going to play with regularly. Verbeek really has to take a hard look at making a coaching change, not because of the W-L record but because of what he has to be seeing on the ice.
Yeah, but we could finally get that 1st overall pick this year!

:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I think this is kind of contradictory though, right?

Picking a rookie coach over a proven one is the opposite of being careful. It is looking like it might be a foolish decision now but it was a swing and one I appreciated him taking.

No "proven" coach was signing up for this mess. He took a swing with Cronin over failed retreads and missed. Time to admit it. And I'm not even entirely sure it's a system issue. I am pretty sure the players have quit on him though.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
No "proven" coach was signing up for this mess. He took a swing with Cronin over failed retreads and missed. Time to admit it. And I'm not even entirely sure it's a system issue. I am pretty sure the players have quit on him though.
I have a friend who coaches professionally (not hockey of course) and there are plenty of coaches who would love to take over a mess.

Fixing it, or even improving it, gives them a massive amount of job credibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad