GDT: #73 - 03/21/16 | florida panthers @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so tight, Win and 2nd in the East overall, a loss and getting too close for comport if Philly wins games in hand

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
so tight, Win and 2nd in the East overall, a loss and getting too close for comport if Philly wins games in hand

True, but Philly plays the Isles tonight and still has 2 more games against the Pens left. Someone has to lose those games...

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
What are the chances we roll out the same lineup? I'm guessing we go back to the old defensive pairings and maybe a weird tweak to the forward group.

Anywho, Panthers can be a tough match up for us. They play up-tempo and if they can keep pressure up on our defense, we're going to see the same issues repeat themselves.

I just want to see our forwards and defense working as a 5-man unit. I don't care about the stretch passes and everything tonight. I want to see close puck support, breaking forechecks, and moving up the ice together. They have 10 games to get their **** together.
Panthers are really quick and gave the Islanders fits for 55 or so minutes.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Who? Oh you mean that guy who was preventing Tanner Glass from bringing the hammer every night?

Tuffness.

I mean, yes, the fourth line was probably the most impressive Rangers line in SJ, which says a lot about how the team played... but we're keeping Oscar out of the lineup to play Glass EVERY night? I'd play Lindberg over Hayes at this point, too.

I don't get it.

There are, IMO, obvious and easy ways to make the Rangers a better team with the personnel they already have in place that AV is seemingly ignorant towards.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Tuffness.

I mean, yes, the fourth line was probably the most impressive Rangers line in SJ, which says a lot about how the team played... but we're keeping Oscar out of the lineup to play Glass EVERY night? I'd play Lindberg over Hayes at this point, too.

I don't get it.

There are, IMO, obvious and easy ways to make the Rangers a better team with the personnel they already have in place that AV is seemingly ignorant towards.

Glass has unfortunately looked like one of the better Rangers out there lately. Say what you want about him but he's giving it every game and providing more scoring chances than half of this sorry line up lately.

I'd put Oscar in for Hayes at this point

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Glass being good is mostly irrelevant because Glass' good is still laughably low-reward and among the worst in the NHL anyway

He has been "good" lately though. For sure.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
At least the quotes are honest this time, I'm really fed up with the "we battled hard" ******** after complete no-shows.

*Bob Richards*

Glass is still bad but in watching the rest of this team operate, I'm not entirely sure if I care about him anymore lirl.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the collective badness this team has shown lately is directly proportionate to the level of goodness shown by one tanner glass.

as the team looks worse, tanners badness seems lessened.

making him, in some perverse upside down reversal, look better.

so then, perhaps, he would be playing with eichel were he on buffalo ? :laugh:

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
The team really needs to show us all and more importantly themselves with a convincing win tonight. They don't have much time left at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad