GDT: 7 PM ET Ducks battle the Penguins in the quest for the 1st win of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Defense was terrible. Fowler and Manson are not an adequate top pairing. Manson isn't good enough and Fowler if he's used in that role has to be the second best guy on the pairing, he can't carry it.

Forwards are better than I thought but that's only because Carlyle is overplaying the top lines. That won't work long term.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
good effort, but we just lost 2 games on depth....i think our window is closed

Just about. This current roster isn't even capable of making the playoffs. Sign Lindholm, being in a healthy Rakell and trade Fowler or Vatanen for a solid LW and make a run for it this year, but even then it's the weakest roster we've brought into the playoffs since 2013 and it's only downhill from here.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Bernier is the only reason this game wasn't even more lopsided. Pretty damn good game from him when the puck wasn't on his stick.

Vermette/Getzlaf/Perry had solid games up front. Gotta start finishing when they get prime chances. Larsson had a nice showing. I can definitely see him as maybe a Hjalmarsson type of player down the road. Boll and to a lesser extent Wagner still don't have any business being every night players.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
It's so stupid having a 4th line that doesn't see the ice. Carlyle is leaning on guys like it's the playoffs and you can't do that. The other team will have more jump.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vatanen has yet to show me why he was worth that extension.

Fowler bungled the pass at the point but that's not as bad as collecting the puck in the defensive zone, standing there, getting stripped from behind and not being able to cover the guy that robbed the puck from you when the game is on the line.

He was swimming on multiple Pittsburgh offensive chances.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Just about. This current roster isn't even capable of making the playoffs. Sign Lindholm, being in a healthy Rakell and trade Fowler or Vatanen for a solid LW and make a run for it this year, but even then it's the weakest roster we've brought into the playoffs since 2013 and it's only downhill from here.
bieksa, stoner, and despres are killing us.....I know that is news to NO ONE, but if you could wave a magic wand and have those 3 players gone, not only do we have lindholm signed but our D and cap is in a better spot.

fowler-manson
lindholm-vatz
theo-holzner

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly when rakell and lindholm are back in think it's a pretty solid team.

Still could prob use 1 more top 6 winger, but I like the goalie duo... I like the defense with the exception of bieska, he is awful and it's depressing he's taking away a spot from montour or Theodore.

First time getting to see larsson tonight, and he impressed me, seems to be a very smart player. Vatanen and Fowler both looked good, manson doesn't look comfortable with puck on his stick, you can kinda tell he's missing lindholm.

Forwards we lack depth but I like the compete level of some of the bottom players. Vermette looks dangerous and could help mold the 3rd line. Ritchie looks much better than last year but needs to stop taking unnecessary penalties.

I hate Kevin bieska as a player, did I mention that

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Wagner and Boll both under 7 mins

kesler/silf/ritchie/perry/getzlaf all near 20 mins

better fix this quick bob and randy

Do not see how this RC is considered a great bench coach. He plays his top two lines over and over so there's absolutely no ability to push back late in the 3rd because they're toast. What's worse is the top two lines have not been able to produce enough in all those minutes.

This has the making of a long year.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
We need a 4th line that can play real minutes. Everyone else is gassed already.

I actually thought they were pretty productive. When your tossed into the middle of shifts on back checks like they are, it's going to be tough. Boll drew a penalty and they had some good O zone time.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I actually thought they were pretty productive. When your tossed into the middle of shifts on back checks like they are, it's going to be tough. Boll drew a penalty and they had some good O zone time.

Under 7 minutes per game for Wagner and Boll, and for the second game in a row 5/6 of our bottom six were minus players with zero points between them.

That's not gonna cut it.

Backpack

Sep 24, 2011
Baldwin Hills
Its time to move on from the Fowler era. Dude is not a winner. He sometimes makes a spectacular individual play, but rarely does his presence on ice make the team better. If we can get an elite forward prospect for him after Lindholm is signed, do it Bob.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Its time to move on from the Fowler era. Dude is not a winner. He sometimes makes a spectacular individual play, but rarely does his presence on ice make the team better. If we can get an elite forward prospect for him after Lindholm is signed, do it Bob.

I feel like this is an odd takeaway from this game. He was far from the problem tonight. Have you been listening to Winnipeg or New York fans?

Are we expecting Lindholm to carry everyone on the blue line? Why don't they have any responsibility? Vatanen is making more than Fowler now, and he was decidedly worse. Bieksa is still ****. Despres simply isn't healthy. Manson was disappointing. Fowler ****ed up on the first goal against Dallas, but how is this loss a sign that it's time to move on?

And despite missing Rakell and Lindholm, the game was still ultimately decided by one goal.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

You do see the problem with your post, don't you? If he's not the type of player who makes the team better, then we won't be getting an elite prospect for him.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I thought they looked a bit tired as the game went on. Expecting more of the same tomorrow. I think adding Rakell and Lindholm will help that some, moving forward.

But I don't think that removing Fowler and adding Lindholm will change that, in regards to the blue line. Beyond those two, we really don't have anyone who I trust with heavy lifting.

Backpack

Sep 24, 2011
Baldwin Hills
I feel like this is an odd takeaway from this game. He was far from the problem tonight. Have you been listening to Winnipeg or New York fans?

Are we expecting Lindholm to carry everyone on the blue line? Why don't they have any responsibility? Vatanen is making more than Fowler now, and he was decidedly worse. Bieksa is still ****. Despres simply isn't healthy. Manson was disappointing. Fowler ****ed up on the first goal against Dallas, but how is this loss a sign that it's time to move on?

And despite missing Rakell and Lindholm, the game was still ultimately decided by one goal.

Its not my takeaway from this particular game, its his performance for years. Consistently shying away from contact, constantly being outmuscled in front of the net, Being ineffective on the power play. He is the type of player who does nothing exceptionally, and everything adequately. He is obviously content with being a mediocre player, or doesnt have the capacity to improve his game any more than he already has.

If our defense is looking to him as a leader, then we are in trouble. Thats why, despite how he might perform in a given individual game, we have to part ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad