GDT: #7 | Flyers at Capitals | Wednesday, October 23rd, 2024 | 7:30 PM | TNT, 93.3 FM

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I love how this thread has turned into asking @JojoTheWhale to sift through the stats to find the worst Flyers dman of the last 2 decades.
It's like asking your grandparents how bad food rationing was during the War.

I, too, am very surprised that Hagg occupies the lowest rung on this mostly buried ladder. I would have thought Manning or Yandle. So much for the cataract-laden eye test.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Sorry for beating a dead Hagg after that conversation petered out, but he is my exhibit A for this franchise's failure to identify and develop talent. He had some offensive flair in juniors and I remember that most were pleased with nabbing him with a 2nd round pick. The Flyers braintrust tunnel-visioned to "big body, hitz, safe plays" which I believe was an immense disservice to his development. We then got to pleasure of seeing a player who had to remake his entire game and looked putrid for it.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
At least zamula can move the puck. Our D as a whole is meh at best
I was getting my z anger out of the way comparing to #8.

Z is poor man's kerry huffman 2.0. And like Kerry by the time z turns 28ish he will no longer be an nhl player. Maybe sooner.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Zamula was better last season, for some reason, he's started this season in a mind fog.

Smooth skater, good passer, but below average speed and that frame will always limit his ability to gain leverage against stronger forwards, but it does give him a wide reach radius.

His physical limitations puts a priority on IQ, and that's what's been lacking this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad