GDT: #7 | Edmonton Oilers @ New York Islanders | Oct 17th | 7PM | F/W 3-2

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I was checkin' out the Oilers game thread and god they absolutely cannot stand Yakupov it seems, which is understandable, he's been under performing. But, I kinda laughed at how some people were praising Joensuu. "He is a physical power forward with hands". He was horrid for us, IMO.

Yakupov is a dog. Joensuu was bad here his first go around.... he was much better after going back to Europe, we just didn't have a spot for him to show his stuff.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
It gets harder from here...Carolina, Vancouver and Pittsburgh...then other teams in the division. This next set of games could tell us a lot!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
It gets harder from here...Carolina, Vancouver and Pittsburgh...then other teams in the division. This next set of games could tell us a lot!

You're right. The team is starting to round into form. Rolling all the lines and dominating puck possession and SOG's. If we can continue to do this, we'll see how it goes over the next stretch. The team is still not sharp, but the battle level was there.

If not the for the 8 second double brain fart, we dominated the play. Was disappointed in RNH, he was invisible all game. Hall is an outstanding talent, but he can only do so much on his own.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Good win, we needed it. Two points helps us a lot right now in the division, even if early on in the season. Overall, Isles played a good game and won a game they deserved to win.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
A much improved effort tonight aside from the 8 second brain fart in the first period. But, they picked it up after that and didn't stop working until the final whistle. And that speaks to everyone on the roster from top to bottom, including my fave whipping boy PMB. Best game of the season for him so far. I still don't like him playing over Nelson, but if he doesn't play any worse than he did tonight, I might be able to stomach him for the rest of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad