GDT: #7 | Edmonton Oilers @ New York Islanders | Oct 17th | 7PM | F/W 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
When Donovan rounds out his defensive game and gets a little stronger, he will be a hell of a player. His shot is quick and accurate and he looked hungry out there. Exciting to watch him on the offensive blue line.

Okposo had a much better game tonight. Bailey and Grabner are just booming with confidence. PMB and Regin did look better too as said. Still want Nelson out there but tonight's lineup is pretty decent.

Don't understand the hate on Hickey lately. He played his tail off and doesn't shy away from anything. He deserves to be here. I'm an Amac fan but he hasn't looked his best at all the past few games. Hamonic is just getting better every year and is such a special player.

Dubnyk played well. We could have had 5 or 6 goals. EDM will be good in 2/3 years, lots of skill. Glad the lead was held. Enough 3-2 games, need more games like vs Phoenix. Keep it going now boys.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Edmonton is bad, really bad. I guess you see them in spurts for a shift here and there where they pin you back for a little bit but other than that they are completely invisible and incapable of breaking out cleanly. Just bad. Islanders are way ahead in their development and it really isn't even close.

*EDIT - Come to think of it, they only really had a handful shifts even strength where it can be argued they outplayed the Isles five.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I missed the game nice to see we won. What the hell happened w/ Edmonton scoring 2 in :08?

PMB blew his assignment on the first one, which lead to a pass across the rink for a wide open net as Nabby was flopping like a fish again.

The 2nd, Nabby thought it'd be a good idea to put the rebound right on his stick for another goal. Also, Cappy didn't put out his usual energy line after the original goal and JT's line was out. Okposo and the D got confused on who was going to pick which guys up it seemed.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
PMB blew his assignment on the first one, which lead to a pass across the rink for a wide open net as Nabby was flopping like a fish again.

The 2nd, Nabby thought it'd be a good idea to put the rebound right on his stick for another goal. Also, Cappy didn't put out his usual energy line after the original goal and JT's line was out. Okposo and the D got confused on who was going to pick which guys up it seemed.

To be fair, on the first goal, PMB and Nielsen got confused because Nielsen lost his stick. PMB tried to give Nielsen his stick, but Nielsen instead went to the bench.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Edmonton has some nice D prospects developing, they just need to build center depth and get some bangers for their bottom 6 and a goalie.

They really should trade Yak while people still think he's hot ****. I'm sorry but that is not a winning player, at all.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Edmonton has some nice D prospects developing, they just need to build center depth and get some bangers for their bottom 6 and a goalie.

They really should trade Yak while people still think he's hot ****. I'm sorry but that is not a winning player, at all.

He is a 20 year old kid, he has some maturing to do, but that certainly doesn't mean you cant win with him. Sure he may not be a franchise player, but he can definitely be a 40/40 guy in the future.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

Pretty much. But I'd say the first Oiler goal was just really nice skating and passing (Yes Bouchard looked lost, But so did AMAC) but that's one where you sort of tip your cap to Schultz and Hall and the others, it was a pretty goal and they made the Isles look bad there.

2nd goal never should have happened, nabby should have gloved the original floater and held on instead of blockering it right to Hall.

Isles played really well tonight, despite the tight score. Edmonton outskated them at times, forcing them to take a string of penalties. But once the Isles clamped down, they dominated the game.

Thought tonight's 3-2 game was more impressive and a better played game than the 6-1 win or any other game played this season.

Bailey, Okposo, JT looked great tonight so did the entire defensive unit. Donovans best game to date.

I would expect the same line-up in for Sat nights game against Carolina, Cap wont want to shake anything up. I would however argue that Nelson needs to be in the line-up if for no other reason than his face-off ability. Nielsen and Tavares have been bad, Regin hasnt been good, Cizikas is the only guy winning draws. The only winger that can win a draw when a center gets thrown out is Okposo.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I just want to say that the booing of Smyth was beyond stupid. And that being the case, it was most assuredly instigated by those mental midgets up in Loudsville. Those guys are beyond annoying.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
image_zps6c1c64d2.jpg

Not a bad view for $13.50..

Bailey, Frans and Grabner have looked really damn good since the start of the season and tonight it continued. Grabner and Bailey are playing physical multiple times, especially bailey, they were laying down solid hits.

Hickey, Moulson and Bouchard play soft but we all know that.

I'm really loving the energy the fourth line brings right after the Isles score I'm very happy Capuano throws them out after every goal.

The penalty kill was great tonight love seeing grabs and Frans out there I'm very confident with that pair out there.

JetsMetsIsles

Nov 20, 2009

He's 20 year old and you already decided he's not a winning player. Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
image_zps6c1c64d2.jpg

Not a bad view for $13.50..

Bailey, Frans and Grabner have looked really damn good since the start of the season and tonight it continued. Grabner and Bailey are playing physical multiple times, especially bailey, they were laying down solid hits.

Hickey, Moulson and Bouchard play soft but we all know that.

I'm really loving the energy the fourth line brings right after the Isles score I'm very happy Capuano throws them out after every goal.

The penalty kill was great tonight love seeing grabs and Frans out there I'm very confident with that pair out there.

225 Row A? That's where I sat for Tuesday's game. Great seats!

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Bailey has been excellent. He is responsible defensively, and he has been great offensively. Anytime he is on the ice it seems like the Isles are in the offensive zone, and he is always creating something. He seems like he has finally arrived, and its been a long time coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad