GDT: #7 ⋅ Ducks @ Rangers ⋅ 4:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Despite the goal I thought Zellweger was a total disaster this game. I’d sit him.

1730000275183.png

This thing agrees with you

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
5 on 5 play needs to improve. We can overcome our defensive woes if we can just find some consistent offense. Special teams must improve. We need a new coach so bad

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Despite the goal I thought Zellweger was a total disaster this game. I’d sit him.

The highs and lows on this board are pretty comical to me.

After last game: “Zellweger is great. He should be a mainstay in the lineup”

After today: “Zell was a disaster. Time to sit him”

We have a bunch of young players. They are going to be inconsistent, and they are going to make mistakes.

And in Zellweger’s defense, he was often stuck defending Panarin 1 on 1. Cut the kid some slack.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Not a bad game by any means.

I liked Dostals game as usual, thought zel was good and the entire team played a decent defensive game. The team lacks scoring which will be the case for a team made up of mostly early 20 year olds while the vets yet again don’t seem to be helping a whole lot in that area. Killorn really has no business in your top 6. He’s just not that good anymore. I get that he’s getting paid big money but you’re not saving any money by playing him so much. The contract has been signed and there’s nothing that can be done. Accept what Killorn is, accept that you overpaid for him and play him in a spot where the play dying on his stick dosent matter nearly as much because the talent he’s playing with needs to get it going.

Vatrano, Strome and McTavish should just stick together. It’s one of the few combos that showed any type of potential last season, no reason not to try it again.

Leason again is being back to doing very little. He was given a 4th line spot and he’s not doing anything with it. At least Mcginn tries to hit, Leason just does nothing every night.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Maybe I'm a minority but I kind of want them to break up the Vatrano-Strome-Terry line. Get one of the hard workers on each line to try and inspire and create some room on the ice. Last year Vatrano-McTavish-Strome was our best line for a good chunk of games. How have we not tried that again? Also, why are we so desperate to make Z a winger? I don't buy this defense needs to improve. That's basic for all young players and not any different for McTavish who has been just as bad if not worse defensively.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The highs and lows on this board are pretty comical to me.

After last game: “Zellweger is great. He should be a mainstay in the lineup”

After today: “Zell was a disaster. Time to sit him”

We have a bunch of young players. They are going to be inconsistent, and they are going to make mistakes.

And in Zellweger’s defense, he was often stuck defending Panarin 1 on 1. Cut the kid some slack.

Rookie/young guy makes a mistake…. He’s terrible, send him down sit him etc

Vet makes a mistake, not his fault it’s the young players

Been that way for a couple years…. Vets should def be held more accountable for mistakes as they should know better.

I’m mostly worried about zegras and mctavish at this point…. We have so much “talent” up front but no one produces outside of terry right now

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think that game was the absolute best our defense can work. Tons of defensive zone time but guys stay inside so there are only a moderate amount of chances given up, instead of getting caved in for periods at a time. Against a worse team we probably would have looked better. We deserved more than one stupid PP but what are you going to do against the officiating for an O6 team.

Still, all that pressure leads to mistakes and this game was really only close because of Dostal, again.

Reactions: anezthes

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I only got to see the third period, but they actually looked good. Was able to complete passes and enter the zone. Gives me hope.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad