Prospect Info: 6th IceHogs, Fuel, & NCAA/Junior/Int'l Prospects Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
So are these just like loans or how does it work?

Yea, I think the SHL team loans them to the IceHogs for Press and Dahlstrom, Norell might be different because he's free and clear right now as far as I know.

I don't know why they are all coming over at once. They can't all play with the logjam at D in RFD as it is.

I assume that Stan, Barry, and Norm want to put them through the paces live in practice to see what they have before they go in to the trade period this summer.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Pokka made the all rookie team in the AHL. Just a great year for him. Other players on the team:Arvidson NSH, Hudon MTL, Brown TOR, Pulock NYI

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
He can be just as good as Leddy if he continues his development. Wouldn't be surprised if him and Johns are both on the team next year.

Agreed. I think there's a very good chance Johns makes the Hawks next year, with Pokka/TVR/Paliotta competing for another spot. I'd give the edge to Pokka right now, but anything can happen.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Stephen Johns (+27) leads all AHL rookie skaters, and all AHL defensemen in the plus/minus category. #IceHogs #Blackhawks

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What happened to the "success in the A has no bearing on NHL success" crowd? :laugh:

Individual success in the A has bearing on NHL success. What we are seeing this season is the aggregate of alot of prospects having alot of success leading to team wins. The non-prospects in Rockford are basically irrelevant players besides Mashinter and Regin.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's a joke. Ridiculously low in my opinion. But CS gonna CS.

Exactly. He is top 30 pretty much everywhere else...not sure what more the kid could have done at his time with the USNDP...I mean when you are in the same all time company as Kane and Kessel for scoring you must suck eh??:laugh:

Just wait for the WTF threads in a few years as this kid turns into a star.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012

Leddy trade was not a disaster many people make it out to be.

I never thought the Leddy trade was a disaster at all. It would have been great to have Leddy on the third pairing this year but I don't think Leddy is ever going to live up to that contract he signed. I'm curious to see how he plays in the playoffs, the Islanders may be regretting that deal sooner rather than later if he performs like he did in the playoffs for the Hawks.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Prospect watch for tonight's Frozen Four action:

UNO: Luc "the Snoog" Snuggerud (2014, 5th)
North Dakota: Nick Schmaltz (2014, 1st), Luke Johnson (2013, 5th), and Nick Mattson (2010, 6th).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Keep an eye on Steve Moses - Jokerit KHL

The former Northeastern talent just tore up the KHL with 36 goals and will be playing for team USA at the World Championships. I guess there are a ton of teams looking to offer him NHL money so this kid is going to be here nezt year. On the smaller side but extremely skilled...Stan has a way to get these US kids to sign and I expect he is looking at Moses hard as well...Stan has many connections with USA Hockey so it wouldnt surprise me if he has some involvement with this team despite his playoff duties.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

The former Northeastern talent just tore up the KHL with 36 goals and will be playing for team USA at the World Championships. I guess there are a ton of teams looking to offer him NHL money so this kid is going to be here nezt year. On the smaller side but extremely skilled...Stan has a way to get these US kids to sign and I expect he is looking at Moses hard as well...Stan has many connections with USA Hockey so it wouldnt surprise me if he has some involvement with this team despite his playoff duties.

Pretty sure Nashville just signed him to a one-year deal.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

He signed with NSH today :laugh:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Well, it ought to be easy to keep an eye on him then

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Exactly. He is top 30 pretty much everywhere else...not sure what more the kid could have done at his time with the USNDP...I mean when you are in the same all time company as Kane and Kessel for scoring you must suck eh??:laugh:

Just wait for the WTF threads in a few years as this kid turns into a star.

NHLCS pulls some goofy **** every year. Not shocking.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I wonder if this means they are in NA for good or whether they go back for another year. Also wonder where Press is. He supposedly came over with those guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad