Prospect Info: #69(nice)OA - Hurricanes select LHD Alexander Nikishin (Spartak - KHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
What is his salary o'er yonder? For him I assume the strategy is to get through his ELC and to free agency as quickly as possible to get a payday?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I was under the impression that stars like him could earn a bit more than the ELC here. Hence the reason to stay there until they only need to play one year ELC here before cashing in.
Ostensibly, no. The NHL pays way more and offers way more financial flexibility with the Russian economy the way it is.

However, SKA is Putin's team and Nikishin the captain. None of us know how much he may be paid under the table.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Ostensibly, no. The NHL pays way more and offers way more financial flexibility with the Russian economy the way it is.

However, SKA is Putin's team and Nikishin the captain. None of us know how much he may be paid under the table.

Dont forget tax.
Tax rate for NHLers is roughly 45-50% while KHL contracts are negotiated as net income.
So, in terms of take home, a $500K KHL deal is the rough equivalent of a $1 million NHL contract.
If I recall correctly, on the advice of his father, its why Kaprizov didn't go to the NHL immediately. He wanted to be financially secure before making the uncertain jump to the NHL.

Btw, SKA isn't Putin's team any more than than others. But correct,, under the table performance bonuses are frequent for every KHL team.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Orlov to Nikishin

d0d27d9f-1d59-4bfd-85f6-b004a0c75169_text.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If I had to guess, Necas is being traded by or at the Draft & they’d like to know if Nikishin is coming so they know what their needs are going to be.

Edit - @Svechhammer was quicker to respond.
He was drafted in 2020, so it will be 4 years since his draft. If he was out of the USHL at the time, he'd be an NCAA free agent on August 15 as a comparison. At what point would his draft rights expire? I'm guessing that's the key deadline.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Working on making the next coach happy and a ticket to the inner circle.

These are always so funny.

“Look, he’s deadlifting! What a BEAST in the gym!”

Assuming there’s nothing funny about those weights, that’s a set of touch-and-go 225lb deadlifts that I would expect any even moderately trained person to be able to do, let alone a pro athlete.

So basically all this video shows is “this kid works out during the summer”, which is like, “well… yeah.”

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Also 225 pounds is basically his body weight. I would imagine he can deadlift more than his body weight if he is a professional hockey player.

I mean it's definitely good to see him working out. Can't be a bad sign, but it's about the minimum you'd expect for a professional athlete.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad