GDT: #69 - 03/16/14 | San Jose Sharks @ New York Rangers | 4:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Yeah... so about this one, guys... wow.

We ain't winning this one. Damn near no chance.

The Sharks are big, skilled, strong, and fast. They're talented, have strong coaching, and have chemistry out the ass due to little turnover. They are also on a roll.

Their momentum is gonna make us cannon fodder. It's gonna be a shooting gallery.

I hope I'm wrong.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
MSL goes pointless, zucc get steamrolled twice with nobody standing up for him and hank gets hung out to dry way too often and berates his defense.

Thanks god for the fast forward feature on the DVR.

4-1 loss

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah... so about this one, guys... wow.

We ain't winning this one. Damn near no chance.

The Sharks are big, skilled, strong, and fast. They're talented, have strong coaching, and have chemistry out the ass due to little turnover. They are also on a roll.

Their momentum is gonna make us cannon fodder. It's gonna be a shooting gallery.

I hope I'm wrong.

Then don't watch. We beat Chicago twice, we gave St. Louis 2 very tough games, anything can happen. This is not a best of 7, relax.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Will the people saying "we will get killed' eat crow if we win. Just so you know People said the same thing before BOTH Blackhawks games

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Well we definitely are smaller and less physical than the Sharks. However, I see our speed being a problem for them today.

Hopefully rangers take this one by the score of 4-2.

St. Louis pots his first one hopefully.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
And not a single one of them can force a turnover.

Ehem.

Takeaways among forwards:
Martin St Louis - 1st on the TBL with 51 takeaways in 62 games played
(plus 6 takeaways on the NYR in six games played. 7th in the league in total)
Mats Zuccarello - 3rd on the NYR with 39 takeaways in 63 games played
Derick Brassard - 8th on the NYR with 20 takeaways in 67 games played

surGeon

Mar 4, 2011
Ehem.

Takeaways among forwards:
Martin St Louis - 1st on the TBL with 51 takeaways in 62 games played
(plus 6 takeaways on the NYR in six games played. 7th in the league in total)
Mats Zuccarello - 3rd on the NYR with 39 takeaways in 63 games played
Derick Brassard - 8th on the NYR with 20 takeaways 67 games played

Lawyer'd

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
Surprised to see that this game is even in Vegas according to the odds in vBookie. You'd think SJ would have been heavy favorites...

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
That being said, I don't want that line together. They have very little size, can't gain the zone, all have pass first mentalities and struggle in their own zone (at least they did last game).

I'm less worried about them at home when we can match lines, but still I think they need to change that line.

BarbaraAlphanse

That being said, I don't want that line together. They have very little size, can't gain the zone, all have pass first mentalities and struggle in their own zone (at least they did last game).

I'm less worried about them at home when we can match lines, but still I think they need to change that line.

In answer to your last GDT convo, I never took that bet with you. I had just never heard of that tactic being used with our prospects. So no 6 pack owed... unless you want to contribute to my weekend binge drinking supply, which I'll need to replenish yet again after last night. :(

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Every time I see our top-scorer's list I die a little inside. Im not sure about the rest of the league, does anyone know if any other team's top scorer has less than 46 points? Maybe Florida or Phoenix?

The Rangers really aren't that far behind in terms of top point-getters (for teams in our point range). Teams we're around point-wise, team leaders have similar scoring numbers. Teams that are miles ahead of us in the standings (eg. Chicago, SJ, Colorado, St. Louis) almost all have multiple 50+ point players.

Maybe this will make us feel better: Detroit's point leader is still Zetterberg @ 48 points. Second on the team is Kronwall with 40. Vancouver's top point-getters are H. Sedin @ 41 points and D. Sedin+Kesler @ 40 points. Chris Higgins is 4th on the team @ 38 points, 2nd on the team for goals with 17.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Obviously Haggerty wanted the no send down clause which is confusing to me. I'd rather play 1st line for Hartford than watch the Rangers from the box.

BarbaraAlphanse

Obviously Haggerty wanted the no send down clause which is confusing to me. I'd rather play 1st line for Hartford than watch the Rangers from the box.

He's not allowed to join that roster since he was signed after the deadline...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad