GDT: #67 | Non-US Army Affiliated Golden Knights at Flyers | March 14, 2023 | NBCSP, ATTSN-RM, ESPN+, 97.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
What's so frustrating about the NHL officials is that each official seems to have their own interpretation of the rules.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Oh my god, I just turned the game on. How long has the stupid name over the player with the puck been going on? Is there a way to turn it off? Who do we complain to in order to get rid of it?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Oh my god, I just turned the game on. How long has the stupid name over the player with the puck been going on? Is there a way to turn it off? Who do we complain to in order to get rid of it?

Are you watching the home broadcast?

The NHL is trying to spruce its broadcasts in a variety of ways with the hope to expand while not alienating the hardcore. The latter has become an issue whether they realize it or not.

Reactions: BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The NHL is trying to spruce its broadcasts in a variety of ways with the hope to expand while not alienating the hardcore. The latter has become an issue whether they realize it or not.

They should try making sure as many games as possible are actually on TV first.

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE and Shrike

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019

I’m watching on my cable on nbc sports Philly channel. It stopped now but it was active during play for a while. Reminded me of the glowing puck fox used for a bit. Way too distracting for people who know where the puck is without having to see it. I would imagine this is an attempt to match the look of easports nhl game. They don’t know that the first thing veterans do after turning off the menu music is get rid of the names over the players.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A broadcast quality of life boost that you'd think would be possible is puck tracking in replays. Every single sport has ball tracking. Texas high schools probably have it for football. On play replays they can't have a track showing puck direction and speed? That's a lot more interesting than player labels.

Reactions: BiggE

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
They should try making sure as many games as possible are actually on TV first.
This drives me insane. Why would espn buy the tv rights to the nhl and then not put them on tv? Why would the nhl sell the tv rights to a company that doesn’t put the games on tv. Why does the nhl, which plays its games on frozen water have so many teams based in the god damn desert. Who are these people? They have no right to make people crazy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This drives me insane. Why would espn buy the tv rights to the nhl and then not put them on tv? Why would the nhl sell the tv rights to a company that doesn’t put the games on tv. Why does the nhl, which plays its games on frozen water have so many teams based in the god damn desert. Who are these people? They have no right to make people crazy.

The desert teams are to maximize TV audience footprint.

And then they don't put games on TV

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad