OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Turned on the radio this morning on the way to school and the first two songs that played were "Blaze of Glory" by Bon Jovi and "One of These Nights" by the Eagles.

@Captain Dave Poulin @Striiker I instantly thought of you two. :thumbu:;)
200w.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Turned on the radio this morning on the way to school and the first two songs that played were "Blaze of Glory" by Bon Jovi and "One of These Nights" by the Eagles.

@Captain Dave Poulin @Striiker I instantly thought of you two. :thumbu:;)

Sounds like a terrible morning for your ears. Sorry you had to go through that, bud. If you come here and rescue me, I'll go to New Jersey and punch that toothy bastard.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I still need to check out Billboards, Tonya, and Get Out. AT least I know Get Out is on HBO Go but it's hard for me to get in the mood to watch a whole movie when sitting at home. So many distractions. When I'm in a theater I'm at the mercy of the screen with no control so I find it much more intimate and easy to focus, even with other people there.

The last time I went to the theater here was for the Star Wars movie - I posted on here, there were like 39 minutes of commercials and bull**** beforehand. I have never seen anything like it, it was excruciating.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The last time I went to the theater here was for the Star Wars movie - I posted on here, there were like 39 minutes of commercials and bull**** beforehand. I have never seen anything like it, it was excruciating.
Everyone hates all those pointless commercials. There was an Adidas one before Black Panther that was so overwhelmingly busy that I nearly puked and had to close my eyes. I don't know if it was motion sickness or panic, but my brain did NOT like it.

It's totally fine to f*** around on your phone and talk until the actual trailers start. After that, I'm cutting a bitch. Years ago my best friend kept pulling his phone out to check messages from his girlfriend and I calmly told him "If I see your phone out again, I'm going to make you eat it." He got the hint. Those little glowing screens are highly noticeable in a dark room, dumbasses.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Im in jury duty at the moment. This is my nightmare.

I have to try and get excused because my wife was just subpoenaed to North Carolina to be an expert witness in a trial on Wednesday and we have a 2 year old I need to pickup from daycare.
Hey man hope it works out for you and you get excused pretty soon. Are you on Filbert? Funny enough I know a couple people who have jury duty there today too.

I'm eligible for jury duty again in a few months after a couple years of being ineligible, but I'm pretty sure I won't be picked for a trial again. I served on a pretty prominent murder trial a few years back, or at least it was on all of the local news outlets at the time. I don't want to make light of it or anything, but it honestly was one of the more interesting things I've ever done and looking back I'm glad I did it. Also, I hope we made the right call. I was 99.999% sure and I had zero doubt, but still.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Shoulda said like Little Ceasers, you would have been let go because you're not fit to be a juror.

I got called for jury duty once in the city of St. Louis, not the county, and the world hasn't seen a bigger hive of villainy since Mos Eisley. Luckily the lawyer was late and the case got tossed or something, so I only wasted my time and risked my life for one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad