OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Another strong nor’easter is headed up here for mid week. This time areas of central NH may not be as lucky. More strong winds, rain and coastal flooding for New England
Mother Nature can **** off

March is the absolute worst

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I used to watch with my family growing up. Last 3 years or so I have sort of zoned out on them, just checking the winners. I did sparingly watch last year’s telecast though and the ending was the most glorious thing in Oscars history.

I saw most of the nominated films, but I just don’t really feel like watching.

I lied.

Reactions: Rebels57

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
No Ive never been . Im hyped. As much as I plan on seeing the sights (esp the temples,shrines, and monasteries) I probably wont have time.
This is a huge gig for us and the label and artist we're working for is paying us a lot of money to work our butts off.
We'll probably be working the studio 14-18 hrs on a given day until the project is finished so its more an intimidating task ahead than a vacation.

All the best, so fricken cool, long hours it seems but wow! Keep us updated!!!!!!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
****, I didn't realize the Oscars were last night. A huge HELL YEAH to my boy Guillermo!

Very happy for Guillermo, Gary Oldman, Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell, Allison Janney, Jordan Peele and Roger Deakins.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I have seen 3 billboards last weekend, I liked it surprisingly more than expected. Very happy for McDormand - and Rockwell too. He reminded me of how much I hated him back in Green Mile already heh

Reactions: Rebels57

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I really did not get out enough to see these movies :laugh:. Haven't seen Three Billboards, Blade Runner 2049, The Shape of Water, The Post, I, Tonya, and a bunch of others.

I still need to check out Billboards, Tonya, and Get Out. AT least I know Get Out is on HBO Go but it's hard for me to get in the mood to watch a whole movie when sitting at home. So many distractions. When I'm in a theater I'm at the mercy of the screen with no control so I find it much more intimate and easy to focus, even with other people there.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really did not get out enough to see these movies :laugh:. Haven't seen Three Billboards, Blade Runner 2049, The Shape of Water, The Post, I, Tonya, and a bunch of others.

I thought I, Tonya deserved a Best Pic nod over a few of the nominees. Its really good. Nice balance of drama and pitch-black humor. Acting is terrific from all of the main characters.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Im in jury duty at the moment. This is my nightmare.

I have to try and get excused because my wife was just subpoenaed to North Carolina to be an expert witness in a trial on Wednesday and we have a 2 year old I need to pickup from daycare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'm seriously happy for Peele and Del Toro for all of this though. Get Out was phenomenal and should be a must watch for everyone. Del Toro deserves this because he's one of the few real visionaries of when it comes to creating a movie. The guy exudes creativity and wonderment. Like with Pan's Labyrinth, it deserved so much more from Oscars. He should of won best original screenplay, but nope, f***ing Little Miss Sunshine had to beat it...

Plus, I think he's a genuine stand up guy and a huge and close friend to Kojima, so all the more so to like him :).

I have to try and get excused because my wife was just called subpoened to North Carolina to be an expert witness in a trial on Wednesday and we have a 2 year old I need to pickup from daycare.

I had jury duty about 10 years ago-ish and they let us go around 1PM because nothing was going on :laugh:. This was at the Bucks County courthouse, which is busy as f***.

Reactions: Amorgus

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013

I have to try and get excused because my wife was just called subpoened to North Carolina to be an expert witness in a trial on Wednesday and we have a 2 year old I need to pickup from daycare.
:laugh: In Philly I always check the "biased against cops" box on the form they give you, list my job as n/a, and talk a little **** to the judge when they finally put you in a grouping.

Usually Im out quick after that.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

I have to try and get excused because my wife was just subpoenaed to North Carolina to be an expert witness in a trial on Wednesday and we have a 2 year old I need to pickup from daycare.

Feel like they'd grant an exception if you said exactly this

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
Try having a birthday in early march. Every single year it's a snow storm and\or I get very sick. It's a total bummer

Mine's mid March. I always smile like and idiot and tell everyone that it's the first day of Spring as the temperature is in the low 40s and the sounds of snorting back flu boogers fill the air

Reactions: BringBackBerube

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Same here, work is nuts. Also with paying for all these channels I'll just wait for them to hit HBO and such.

My girlfriend doesn't like going to movie theaters and I don't like going myself much. Since I don't live at home, I usually wait till my dad comes and visits and then we go and watch a movie together.

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
YOU SONS OF *****ES. Why'd you have to bring up jury duty?

I'm 100% getting a letter in the mail in the next few days now.

World's most wanted juror.

I got my only one so far when I was abroad. I've moved a lot, so I'm expecting more as I'm settled where I am for a bit

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I realized I missed my jury duty an hour after I was scheduled to go there and rescheduled. I thought that would guarantee me getting sent over right off the bat like my friend who did the same thing. Nope, didn't have to go at all! Besides, if it's criminal then I'll most likely know whatever attorneys were assigned on both sides. Plus it'll slow down a bunch of other cases if I'm not there to send them their requested documents, so I'd better serve the court just by doing my job. That'd be my argument at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark