GDT: #60|Canes vs. Pens| Sun, Mar. 13th 1:00PM EST| Used Cars/The Cars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
This new site is frustrating. Carolina won today with Andersen in goal. I guess they’ve decided to play Raanta against the Pens only lol….and why not, he’s 2-0…I just heard a comment from ZAR today about playing Carolina, which jives with what Sullivan says and it’s just wrong. Basically, he says Carolina competes hard on the puck, forecheck, hungry and are fast, so the answer is not Xs and Os; the answer is to compete harder …lol…do you believe this stuff? That’s like the tortoise saying “if only I worked harder, I could catch up to the hare.” The Pens will never play as fast as Carolina if Carolina is also competing hard…that’s just the facts…so dont try to out out-fast them to the puck…the reason Washington and the Isles are successful against them more often than not is that they play 1) with physicality and 2) try to take away their speed by clogging the NZ. Unfortunately the Pens will never be as fast either so play them a different way! My god…Sullivan just has them banging their head against the wall against the Canes, hoping they won’t get a headache. Play a trap, use interference, play physical…and for god sake, if I see Sullivan with last change putting L2 out against Staal, I’m going to throw something
Pens have a significant advantage this afternoon with Canes finishing up at 6PM last night, traveling late, losing an hour and having to play an early game. Best strategy for Pens is to press & play hard since I doubt Canes will have much energy.

btw: Isles are 3-9 against Canes over last 3 years and were swept in 4 against them in '19 playoffs. Caps are 2-0 versus Canes this year but were 2-2 LY and despite a solid '19 W/L they lost the playoff series to the Canes as well. The Canes are bigger this year and seem to handle physicality much better than the past.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens have a significant advantage this afternoon with Canes finishing up at 6PM last night, traveling late, losing an hour and having to play an early game. Best strategy for Pens is to press & play hard since I doubt Canes will have much energy.

btw: Isles are 3-9 against Canes over last 3 years and were swept in 4 against them in '19 playoffs. Caps are 2-0 versus Canes this year but were 2-2 LY and despite a solid '19 W/L they lost the playoff series to the Canes as well. The Canes are bigger this year and seem to handle physicality much better than the past.

we’ll see…I think the Caps know how to play the Canes and the Pens don’t

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Positives and negatives. I don't like that they nerfed the width on pc, nor the reduced avatars.

The posts are less expansive so it's easier to see more at once. Nice to see who's viewing a thread so you can hit them up, knowing you'll get a timely response. The smilies are in a way better format. Dark mode is big as well.

I suspect once they work out all the kinks this site will be way more compatible on phones.
Who wants some warnings and bans so I can figure out the new mod controls? :sarcasm:

Early games are the worst. Early games after day lights savings are the devil.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad