GDT: #60|Canes vs. Pens| Sun, Mar. 13th 1:00PM EST| Used Cars/The Cars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don’t know what Puus did to justify getting sent back down, but I’m glad they brought Z back though. I would have kept Puus and try big Z again.

ZAR and Simon add nothing - their slots should be used by others.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
First time posting on the new hfboards.

Looks sleek.

Let's try to win another. Going to be a challenge but we can win for sure.
I remember back before hf boards was really even a thing.

r3neog9e777e3aa2.jpeg

That goes to all of you young whippersnapper assholes too.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Hopefully we keep the super effective 2nd line with Heinen and ERod today. Also really hoping Simon gets back to 3LW and we don't have to suffer through Zohorna playing. I can't stand big players that disrupt plays consistently and have offensive skill on my 3rd line.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
This new site is frustrating. Carolina won today with Andersen in goal. I guess they’ve decided to play Raanta against the Pens only lol….and why not, he’s 2-0…I just heard a comment from ZAR today about playing Carolina, which jives with what Sullivan says and it’s just wrong. Basically, he says Carolina competes hard on the puck, forecheck, hungry and are fast, so the answer is not Xs and Os; the answer is to compete harder …lol…do you believe this stuff? That’s like the tortoise saying “if only I worked harder, I could catch up to the hare.” The Pens will never play as fast as Carolina if Carolina is also competing hard…that’s just the facts…so dont try to out out-fast them to the puck…the reason Washington and the Isles are successful against them more often than not is that they play 1) with physicality and 2) try to take away their speed by clogging the NZ. Unfortunately the Pens will never be as fast either so play them a different way! My god…Sullivan just has them banging their head against the wall against the Canes, hoping they won’t get a headache. Play a trap, use interference, play physical…and for god sake, if I see Sullivan with last change putting L2 out against Staal, I’m going to throw something
Slow and steady wins the race. In this case, emphasis on steady.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Driving in tomorrow morning 4.5 hours for this game so I hope it's a good one. Whole family is going Wife and 3 Kids.
Oldest son is a Carolina Fan, my younger son and daughter are Penguins fans like me. My wife is a neutral fan.

So looking forward to this. My last game in Pittsburgh was the 6-2 win over the Caps in 2016.
Hope you have fun! Sunny day here.

These Canes games are so frustrating.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Hopefully we keep the super effective 2nd line with Heinen and ERod today. Also really hoping Simon gets back to 3LW and we don't have to suffer through Zohorna playing. I can't stand big players that disrupt plays consistently and have offensive skill on my 3rd line.

C'mon man -- Sully proved he has the flexibility of an Olympic-caliber gymnast by changing things up.... for one game.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Puus got his 8 mins of playing time for the year. Now, the kool aid gang can say he tried him.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If the Pens are already ass in afternoon games, what will they look like with an hour less sleep too? Lol, who’s bright idea was this to move the game up to 1 pm EST? Probably the Canes, and they’re laughing…

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If the Pens are already ass in afternoon games, what will they look like with an hour less sleep too? Lol, who’s bright idea was this to move the game up to 1 pm EST? Probably the Canes, and they’re laughing…
Sully did it out respect to line 1.

Reactions: Gurglesons

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I remember back before hf boards was really even a thing.

r3neog9e777e3aa2.jpeg

That goes to all of you young whippersnapper assholes too.
Pssh. You remember the dark days?!?

Anyway, I wonder if this board will crash the second Toronto trades for some 4th line scrub, like the several old boards always did….even though we were told they could handle the traffic.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why? He’s going to play 60 games +. Not a good sign for any playoff success. He really needs to split starts with CDS for the remaining 22 games

Reactions: Ugene Magic

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Why? He’s going to play 60 games +. Not a good sign for any playoff success. He really needs to split starts with CDS for the remaining 22 games

The team doesn't like how they've played Carolina in these 2 games, despite the close scores. They want revenge.

Sully especially, since he's competitive and Carolina is the best team.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
C'mon man -- Sully proved he has the flexibility of an Olympic-caliber gymnast by changing things up.... for one game.

If it were me I'd be nuts and do something like:

Zohorna-G-Puus

And you know what? I bet it'd be better than what Heinen and ERod do. Can't be worse. But it's better to stick with your comfort zone even when it's a low chance of success.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Hate the new site.

Expecting Canes to thoroughly dominate the Penguins again.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Count me in the minority but until we address it - if we do - ERod does way more for L2 than Kap does. Kap shouldn’t see top 6 again. Hopefully that nightmare ends soon.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hate the new site.

Expecting Canes to thoroughly dominate the Penguins again.

This is much better than the last move. Plus, it didn't take 3 days to link back up. Minor hiccup and inconvenience.

Other than the quotes and other red lettering there's not much to hate in Dark Mode. I know you all want to Rebel, but the Dark side is the only way to live.

Cackles....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad