Confirmed with Link: 6 year extension for Kaiden Guhle (5.5m AAV)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Got up from my nap to good news. We have a ridiculous amount of cap space in the next few years to sign or trade for any player in the league.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Really nice contract. 5.5 is lower than I expected, yet a solid, unspectacular payday for Guhle (just like the way he usually plays the game). I can see why he would also be happy with this contract.

I think he is worth that money today. There is a chance he outgrows his 6 years contract before it even begins.

Reactions: sampollock

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Got up from my nap to good news. We have a ridiculous amount of cap space in the next few years to sign or trade for any player in the league.

Not many want to sign here, maybe they can double Gallagher's salary for old time's sake

anyhoo, awesome to hear Guhle is signed long term love the kid

Reactions: Runner77

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Has the potential to be one of the most bang for buck contract in the league in 2 or 3 seasons..
Let’s rip the A from Gallagher’s jersey and stitch it up on #21.
Gally has earned that letter. Guhle will get it in time

needs a vet d to teach him more to protect himself from the wild hits
He needs to play on his side. Deployment is exposing him unnecessarily.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Roy and Newhook will be the future of the third line. Then you got Beck and Xhekaj. Hage comes up in 2-3 years. Find a few vets/keep Anderson and/or gallagher
Yeah, I really hope X Junior pans out. Cause god knows we need someone who can play aggressive, physical hockey and fight. (provided MSL doesn't try to neuter him too)

Reactions: Habano and Rapala

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Nice!

I wasn't expecting the Guhle's deal to be done this summer at all since he still had another year on his ELC and there was no rush. Hughes managed to have it done before camp started is very good. Now he has two months before season start to do trades.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Should have been 7 years to line up perfectly with these other long term extensions. 6 years means it ends the same time as Caufield's contract.

But ultimately that's not a huge deal.

So, everyone is now signed and there's 30+ million of cap space for 25-26. And that's with both Anderson and Gallagher in the roster (they could be bought out to make even more space). Next summer is going to be interesting.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Decent signing. We now have the same team we had last two seasons. Now what?
Keep drafting well and let vet contracts die out.

Same team maybe but not…..Suzuki numbers are climbing, Caufield numbers are climbing, Slaf numbers are climbing, our young D maturing….steady as she goes, keep the course, we’re almost there

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Should have been 7 years to line up perfectly with these other long term extensions. 6 years means it ends the same time as Caufield's contract.

But ultimately that's not a huge deal.

So, everyone is now signed and there's 30+ million of cap space for 25-26. Next summer is going to be interesting.
That’s when Draistl becomes UFA….if we could ever land him…OMG….add Demidov in that equation and whoever we are picking in ‘25 plus Hage

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
This looks like a really good deal to me. I was hoping to see one more year of term, but the AAV should prove to be very team-friendly going forward.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
That’s when Draistl becomes UFA….if we could ever land him…OMG….add Demidov in that equation and whoever we are picking in ‘25 plus Hage
I'm assuming bunch of young guys on cheap contracts like Demidov, Reinbacher, Hutson, Mailloux are going to be taking up roster spots in 25-26, which means there's really going to be a ton of cap space.

We'll see if any of Draisaitl, Rantanen, Crosby make it to UFA (probably not...?), but regardless, it's going to be an interesting offseason. Lots of room for moves.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad