Confirmed with Link: 6 year extension for Kaiden Guhle (5.5m AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Kent might be really good with the contracts.

Kaiden is promising. But he has to learn to protect himself or play a type of game to minimize his exposure after playing the puck. The way he gets thrown around reminds me of josh gorges.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I like how he didn't give 8 years. The concerns with staying healthy are built into the contract. With all the other contracts it paints a picture of what the window to win is.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Slaf: almost 29 million of cap.

Anderson, Gallagher, Armia, Dvorak: almost 20 million of cap.

f***ing brutal contracts from MB.
To be fair to Bergie, He signed Suzuki. Kent has done great work to keep that has our highest contract. Who breaks the Suzuki ceiling some day, Demidov or maybe Reinbacher in a rising cap world. Reinbacher is 3 yrs from an extension. Demidov 3-4 yrs depending on when he comes over I guess

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Andy

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The entire young core seems to be buying into the internal cap Hughes and his team are implementing. Management groups consistently talk about team cultures, this is how you implement a culture. Very well done by our management team!
It's funny because this is a key reason why the Leafs are in such a cap bind. They weren't able to get their young core to buy into an internal cap which has limited their ability to build an effective core. It was vital to avoid that situation here.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
The entire young core seems to be buying into the internal cap Hughes and his team are implementing. Management groups consistently talk about team cultures, this is how you implement a culture. Very well done by our management team!
Very Bruins like which is absolutely outstanding for our franchise. Everything is coming along beautifully

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's funny because this is a key reason why the Leafs are in such a cap bind. They weren't able to get their young core to buy into an internal cap which has limited their ability to build an effective core. It was vital to avoid that situation here.

Well, for one, their players had a lot more potential for extremely high earnings than ours and the truth is the NHLPA is going to keep a close look to the contract negotiations of a guy like Matthews. He's a bar-setter. We don't have that issue here.

But yes, the instant they signed Tavares their better guys weren't going to take less. They'd have been crazy to.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and 417

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Well, for one, their players had a lot more potential for extremely high earnings than ours and the truth is the NHLPA is going to keep a close look to the contract negotiations of a guy like Matthews. He's a bar-setter. We don't have that issue here.

But yes, the instant they signed Tavares their better guys weren't going to take less. They'd have been crazy to.
and good for them and their fans.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Kent might be really good with the contracts.

Kaiden is promising. But he has to learn to protect himself or play a type of game to minimize his exposure after playing the puck. The way he gets thrown around reminds me of josh gorges.
It would greatly help him accomplish this if he played his natural side. Playing your offside literally creates all the issues your mentioning. It put it more on deployment

Reactions: shamrun

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Not matching KK was smart, proceeding to waste the picks on Dvorak is what ruined it.
Oh totally. I could not believe people were mad that he didn’t match that. Carolina threw away millions just to be petty. I’m not big on blaming management for ruining development either. Sure, an organization can mishandle things, but KK should shoulder a lot of the blame. You’re either an nhler or you’re not. He didn’t seem to use the change of scenery to get much better at all. Now, I DO blame management for the pick in the first place of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad