Confirmed with Link: 6 year extension for Kaiden Guhle (5.5m AAV)

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
It's funny because this is a key reason why the Leafs are in such a cap bind. They weren't able to get their young core to buy into an internal cap which has limited their ability to build an effective core. It was vital to avoid that situation here.
Leafs did manage to still draft some good young forwards though. That Minten guy looks good.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Has the potential to be one of the most bang for buck contract in the league in 2 or 3 seasons..
Let’s rip the A from Gallagher’s jersey and stitch it up on #21.

Reactions: CapSpace

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I don't hate it. Was ready to whine if it were a 8x7.5 (or more) deal similar to Sanderson

Eats 2 UFA years, in line with when we can expect this core to peak (and hopefully contend) since Cole and Nick will both be grandpas when this deal ends.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think that’s why he hired Gorton. It’s been brilliant since!
Molson had to go just as much as Bergevin. They were a tandem and a terrible one at that. I’ve been a little bit impressed with Molson the last few years. He hired a real president finally and he seems to be letting them do their jobs. I was curious to see if he’d actually be willing to be patient without trying to step on toes and it seems like he is.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Pretty incredible how he's managed to really get value out of every extension and keep the salary cap integrity going forward.
They're building a culture here, and more guys buy in the more easier it gets to manage future contracts

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
GM what great news today

This is what peak performance looks like

1000006966.png

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Very good deal. This trend will probably continue with the Habs young core signing team friendly contracts. HuGo probably sat all of them down, cut the BS and showed them an outline of the future team and the cap needed to keep all of them. Seems like the players prefer a good future team over a mil more in the bank

Reactions: Redux91

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, for one, their players had a lot more potential for extremely high earnings than ours and the truth is the NHLPA is going to keep a close look to the contract negotiations of a guy like Matthews. He's a bar-setter. We don't have that issue here.

But yes, the instant they signed Tavares their better guys weren't going to take less. They'd have been crazy to.
yeah I don't buy into this internal cap theory...

I'm not the biggest Guhle fan but he is a solid player that logs a lot of minutes for us and it's good to see him under contract for a long time.
Same...I would have preferred a shorter term but that AAV is solid,

Solid work by Kent "sign or get bent" Hughes

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Now Habs inject Hutson, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Demidov, and possibly another top 6 F via trade in the next 2 years. You make it seem like they're the sens and don't have a really good pipeline
Offense wise it isn’t a huge pipeline. Habs need some rugged bottom 6 too.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Nice to have an agent as a GM.

Wonder if something is brewing with the timing of all these contracts.
Hiring an agent to be a GM.......................to deal with agents, like himself, is a huge coup for Gorton no matter how we look at it.
The guy gets amazing deals for his team!!

This is a win win for both sides, and am glad for Guhlie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad