GDT: #6 ⋅ SJS @ ANA ⋅ 7:15 PM PDT

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’m more worried about Zegras than some here. He just seems like he hasn’t improved much since he was 21. He’s a little better defensively and a little less effective offensively.

Whether that’s a coaching or him problem, I’m not sure. But it’s a bit concerning that we have a guy who’s supposed to be entering his prime that hasn’t really gotten much better.

It’s easier for me to look the other way with McTavish at this point who is almost 2 years younger

I’m not giving up on Z (I really like him and want him to succeed here badly) but some progression has to happen at some point this season or else I think he’ll be trade bait for a defenseman

Reactions: Frosted Tips

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I’m more worried about Zegras than some here. He just seems like he hasn’t improved much since he was 21. He’s a little better defensively and a little less effective offensively.

Whether that’s a coaching or him problem, I’m not sure. But it’s a bit concerning that we have a guy who’s supposed to be entering his prime that hasn’t really gotten much better.

It’s easier for me to look the other way with McTavish at this point who is almost 2 years younger

I’m not giving up on Z (I really like him and want him to succeed here badly) but some progression has to happen at some point this season or else I think he’ll be trade bait for a defenseman
I feel like this happens every time they put him at wing. Same thing happened at the beginning of last year and in his first partial season. The guy needs to be at center. Imo.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I don't think he necessarily needs to play center, he just needs to be puck carrier on his line. That's why i think Lundy might actually work well with him. Kane never played center but in his prime he was the guy doing the majority of puck handling, and executing the plays on his line.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's amazing how the PP helps production. We should have another 2-3 goals if it was working better from Game 1. Would maybe have a few guys at a PPG now.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It's amazing how the PP helps production. We should have another 2-3 goals if it was working better from Game 1. Would maybe have a few guys at a PPG now.

Terry going 1v4 on the PP helped rejuvenate our play from the 2nd period onward in the game. The scary part is our goals scored in the game were on the PP and an EN, nothing at ES against the lowly Sharks. We're going to need our PP to produce if our ES/5v5 offense cannot this season.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Terry going 1v4 on the PP helped rejuvenate our play from the 2nd period onward in the game. The scary part is our goals scored in the game were on the PP and an EN, nothing at ES against the lowly Sharks. We're going to need our PP to produce if our ES/5v5 offense cannot this season.
Yes, with the struggling PP, they cannot afford to slack on the ES production. This is why some games they only score 1 goal, or worse, get shut out.

This is why they need to figure this PP out, and that Cutter shot and Leo cleaning up in front should be text book on every PP.

Whether it's Mac or someone else, they need to crash the net, and shoot the damn puck.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

He looks like his emotion is just gone. It feels like the team went out of their way to reign in some bad penalties that they just took the spark out of his game. He hasn't been playing with the fire he usually does. Hopefully it's just a slump but he needs to get going.

Reactions: anezthes

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
We went from a 65'ish point center who was bad at D to a (on pace for) 35 point wing who is a tiny bit better at D.
1000005702.jpg

Reactions: DavidBL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad