GDT: #6 ⋅ SJS @ ANA ⋅ 7:15 PM PDT

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
McTavish have a better game?

Far more good than lackadaisical like previous games. Could have had a goal if he wasn't hooked, but the hook wasn't even called when it happened in front of the ref. Tipped a puck to the post from a point shot. Great no look pass to Cutter for a PP shot and Carlsson cleaned up the rebound for a goal. Oh and 14/23 (60.9%) faceoff eff. It's a good step forward for Mac. Let's hope he can keep improving.

Reactions: Bergey37 and Static

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Statement game for Zell. I think he’ll stay in the lineup for the foreseeable future.

Luneau will draw in for lacombe I’d hope. Just way too many gaffes from Jackson offensively and defensively tonight. Minty should be on the PP as well.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I avoided the thread until now just cause I wanted to make my own judgements without any influence.

Cutter was great. You can tell he’s slowly building confidence. Him shooting the puck the way he does with his Size and Speed he’s going to be a problem once it clicks.

I think McTavish is better playing a few hard fore checkers that thrive in chaos and a hard cycle game. Get it in grind it out. He’s someone who would’ve thrived with Perry and Getzlaf when they got the puck down low. Still could show more to get me excited but I’m not super concerned with him. I think we have to temper expectations with him as well.

Lacombe making some braindead passes but still I think looks more comfortable this year. Looks much bigger and stronger. I’ll give him another game or two to catch up to the speed before I’m too hard on him.

Zegras is a curious case. I think he needs to attack more and be more aggressive in the other teams zone. Not sure if that’s been coached out of him though, I hope not. Too much talent and promise there.

Dostal is unbelievable. What a treat to have him. The league is going to find out about this guy.

Some of the stuff Carlsson does at 19 blows my mind.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Nice game but it's still the Left Shorks. Start doing this to teams that aren't far and away the worst team in the league.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
6-game Stat Card review

Gm 1 vs Sharks
Gm 1 vs SJ.png

Gm 2 vs VGK
Gm 2 vs VGK.png

Gm 3 vs Utah
Gm 3 vs Utah.png

Gm 4 vs Col
Gm 4 vs Col.png

Gm 5 vs LAK
Gm 5 vs LAK.png

Gm 6 vs SJ
Gm 6 vs SJ.png

Terry looking like our star being atop or near the top in most of the six games. On the other end of the spectrum are Luneau and Fabbri at the bottom. Fabbri is a hard working, fierce forward, but these cards do not like him.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Dumoulin has been pretty steady and solid. Great trade for the Ducks so far. If things go as expected and Dumoulin continues to play like this, he'll probably fetch at least a 2nd at the deadline.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Statement game for Zell. I think he’ll stay in the lineup for the foreseeable future.

Luneau will draw in for lacombe I’d hope. Just way too many gaffes from Jackson offensively and defensively tonight. Minty should be on the PP as well.
He was good, but I want to see him play well against a big team. The Sharks literally let him skate from one end of the rink to the other and back and still get a shot off. A team like Vegas or St Louis isn’t going to let that happen.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
The Carlsson line looked better with Fabbri. Fabbri has the speed and motor to make the forecheck work.

Lundestrom also looked good with his speed, but we need more from Zegras and Killorn. Neither were bad, but they should be able to make some plays against a team like the Sharks.

LaCombe did not look good, especially on the power play. He needs to be able to get shots through. Gudas seemed like he had a rough game as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad