OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I missed the fight because of a wedding but lets put it this way, my sister and brother in law are big Canelo fans fans..they had the card..

7-5 GGG
9-3 GGG

She needs to be fired.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I missed the fight because of a wedding but lets put it this way, my sister and brother in law are big Canelo fans fans..they had the card..

7-5 GGG
9-3 GGG

She needs to be fired.

I think Canelo's overrated af, not in this era necessarily just overall in the context of Mexican fighters, and I had it 116-114 Golovkin.

I even thought I was being generous to Canelo.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I actually agreed with Stephen A for maybe the first time in my life. That lady should be drug tested & her bank account should be investigated.

She's had really egregious calls before in boxing & UFC but still keeps getting fights. That's just unacceptable on the NV commission.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
She was probably a judge for that fight to intentionally call it that way.

The corruption is sickening.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
She's had really egregious calls before in boxing & UFC but still keeps getting fights. That's just unacceptable on the NV commission.

Hopkins over Calzaghe and Amir Khan over Canelo. Still employed and held up as an example of an excellent judge.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hopkins over Calzaghe and Amir Khan over Canelo. Still employed and held up as an example of an excellent judge.

Yeah she wasn't even in the ballpark of the other two score cards nonetheless in general opinion. That's not just a mistake & something you pass off as **** happens which essentially the Nevada commission did in their statement afterwards. :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I remember that Hopkins fight. Mysterious ****.

There's got to be a rematch, and I feel bad for anybody who has to fight GGG twice. He's already great at dissecting guys mid-fight in a first encounter. Facing him again when he's familiar with you would be a huge struggle.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I hope like hell they rematch and GGG beats the **** out of him.

I was a Canelo fan before this fight but I am now convinced that Oscar paid off that judge and because of that, **** all of Golden Boy's fighters.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Scary part for Canelo is that he definitely had more punches with impact and GGG just shrugged them off including some bombs to his chin. Still a Canelo fan but GGG is is gonna be tough to beat.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm pretty sure there has been dodgy financial stuff uncovered in investigations in the past, too. If I'm remembering correctly.

Like Golden Boy giving her a sizable gift after she ruled in favor of a fighter against all reason, or something

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Another major hurricane hitting the islands, another major earthquake in Mexico and the North Korea fiasco. Anyone want to take bets on when the world will end?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
USVI getting slammed though.

St. Croix police were doing a lot of support on St. John, since that island was overwhelmed and things got out of hand in the aftermath. Looks like they'll have to leave. Hopefully there is enough military presence to maintain control.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
We are all gonna die!

But seriously...lots of converging threats to humanity of late.

Quake in Mexico City 7.1 MAG...serious stuff. Puerto Rico may become Puerto Pobre....

Oh and threats by our Prez at Rocket Man at UN no laughing matter...

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Latest recon found pressure of 909 mb and 175 mph surface winds....officially stronger than Irma

Latest models have it coming very close to the coast of NC then heading due north. Still tons of time and a lot will depend on what Jose does

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
We are all gonna die!

But seriously...lots of converging threats to humanity of late.

Quake in Mexico City 7.1 MAG...serious stuff. Puerto Rico may become Puerto Pobre....

Oh and threats by our Prez at Rocket Man at UN no laughing matter...

If you give it enough time you are correct. We will all die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad