Post-Game Talk: #54| STL 2 at PHI 0| Mon., Feb 6, 2017 | Konecny injury update: out 4-to-6 weeks, LBI

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Hakstol1_zpspigovhsb.png

Poor-quality Paint job (I so miss PhotoShop on my computer!).

need that head on a certain press secretary to make it work better. it really is jsut an updated version of that guy

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
They are all good NHL players but they still need help up front to compete w/ the top teams in the east. Hopefully Konecny takes another step next year and Lindblom helps. But if they don't add to the top 6; the Flyers will be the same. A bubble team fighting for the bottom two playoff spots. They need more firepower up front....
Totally agree. We have promising Dmen and Goalies in the pipeline that could be difference makers but in my opinion we are relatively weak down the middle without anyone who would make an impact over the next two years.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Claude Julien was fired from Boston, yet.....

The Flyers are sticking with Hakstol? This team seems lost on the ice with no direction evident. The NHL is different than college, and I think we're all seeing that in the way this team is completely under-performing.
I think Hextall should admit his mistake in hiring an unqualified NHL calibre coach, fire Hakstol and the assistant coaches. Then hire Julien immediately!
I just want to see Hakstol's treasured "forth-line" eliminated. Those guys would have a hard time becoming steady players in the AHL, yet Hakstol continues to add minutes onto their collective on-ice time.
I don't understand why the announcers can't be honest when assessing the lack of effort from this collection of players.
Hextall is accountable for the Hakstol hiring, and he should admit to his miss-judgement.
Will he?

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
still think Julien is going to take some time and see what his options are. I cant see him just accepting the first job offer he gets. So Hakstol will at the very least be coaching this team all season.
If things do continue to go south then it is the offseason where I would expect Hextall to see what his options are. Of course Julien has to want to come here. There could be some better situations for him in the offseason. A lot can change between now and then.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
we would have to learn to defend those stupid faces and arm gestures he makes every time a call goes against his teams :laugh:

At least we would have a coach that gave a **** when the refs are screwing us.

I would be all over Julien. He comes with a proven track record of success and is highly respected.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

I would be all over Julien. He comes with a proven track record of success and is highly respected.

He is a good coach. no denying it. But like I have said a couple of times, I dont think anything happens during the season. Julien will have some suitors in the offseason.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Of all the dumb complaints, this is the dumbest one. When the refs screwed us on two goalie interference calls in Columbus, Hakstol was all over them.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He is a good coach. no denying it. But like I have said a couple of times, I dont think anything happens during the season. Julien will have some suitors in the offseason.

I agree. It won't happen in-season.

I'd be okay with dumping Hak and having an interim coach then figuring it out this summer.

I don't think any of this is going to happen though. I expect Hextall to stand by Hak into next season, where he will eventually be ****-canned after another poor start and mismanagement of youth. By that point, Julien will be coaching a team like the Panthers and we will have limited options again..just like when we didn't go after Vigneault and ended up stuck with Berube.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
ask him how he felt losing to UNH in the frozen 4 regionals years ago in the fashion UND did. give up the tying goal with 0.1 on the clock and lose in OT.
One of the best hockey games I have ever been to live at any level.

Did he have his guys sit back and try to protect the lead like it was a PK again?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Of all the dumb complaints, this is the dumbest one. When the refs screwed us on two goalie interference calls in Columbus, Hakstol was all over them.

You would reference the ONE time he ever gave the refs grief for incompetence in nearly 2 years.

It's not an issue with a coach that is that big of a deal..it's more of an annoyance.

I'm more concerned about how the team is flat-out terrible thanks to his lousy lineup decisions and system.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Hopefully we'll get another summary of the Town Hall meeting from someone. Those are always a good read and pretty insightful.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I agree. It won't happen in-season.

I'd be okay with dumping Hak and having an interim coach then figuring it out this summer.

I don't think any of this is going to happen though. I expect Hextall to stand by Hak into next season, where he will eventually be ****-canned after another poor start and mismanagement of youth. By that point, Julien will be coaching a team like the Panthers and we will have limited options again..just like when we didn't go after Vigneault and ended up stuck with Berube.

I could see Julien going to a division rival of Boston, so he can stick to them at every chance. Probably going to have to miss the playoffs and collapse down the stretch to get a coaching change tho. But I think if you are going to can Hakstol then the assistants need to go as well. they are part of the problem as well.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I'd also really appreciate if someone could take notes about it.

I'm pretty sure the last two years there's been a guy on a different sight who wrote up a giant post about it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I could see Julien going to a division rival of Boston, so he can stick to them at every chance. Probably going to have to miss the playoffs and collapse down the stretch to get a coaching change tho. But I think if you are going to can Hakstol then the assistants need to go as well. they are part of the problem as well.

Honestly, i'd like the assistants gone even sooner than Hak. Keeping them on was a bad idea from the start. I get the logic..Hak didn't really have any contacts in the league yet to bring along with him. This would be another benefit of a veteran coach like Julien. He would have plenty of options on who he would bring in as his Assistants.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I'm in group 2 for STH meeting tonight anyone else?

I've been to these the last few years and they really are just a complete waste of time. it's just an allusion of them acting like they give a **** about the fans paying thousands. ask any real question like "why is the coach benching young players at home that we are paying to see over players that we'd pay to have off the team" and they'll just dance around it like a bunch of ballerina's. every year a few fans threaten to cancel their tickets over something and their response is always "well thats your choice" which is all you need to know about how much they care. the only way to make a statement is to actually cancel your tickets and tell the rep why you're not renewing. there was no way in hell I was wasting my time this year going, I wasted enough attending Saturdays game.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
no on hitch but with Julien available there is no excuse to keep this lame noodle coach and not hire him. Julien has his flaws but he also was able to take a young team before and band them together for a cup. the last cup winning coach we hired would have won us one as well if management bothered to get a goalie. give me that pedigree of coach over a college guy in over his head any day of the week.

slight problem..we are not a young team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad