Post-Game Talk: #5| FLYERS at Dallas |Sat., Oct. 18, 2014|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
nANPCYP.gif

Hell yeah. First win of the season.

The defense is so bad, but the offense is so good.

Honestly, I think Amac, Streit, and Del Zotto have been fine for the most part, but the other 3 are just abominations.

Gotta love those forwards though.

Del Zotto fine? LOL

MadFerIt95*

I'll be critical of the game tomorrow, but tonight Im just going to be happy we were able to win a game.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We won the faceoffs 42-27. It seemed like they lost almost every one in the first 10 minutes.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How crazy is it that our D can be this bad yet we have been in 5 1goal games? (EN not included)

Our offence is really, really good!

They do this with virtually no puck-moving up from the back as well.

They could seriously finish top 10 in goals for and not make the playoffs... which really just does not happen.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
nANPCYP.gif

Hell yeah. First win of the season.

The defense is so bad, but the offense is so good.

Honestly, I think Amac, Streit, and Del Zotto have been fine for the most part, but the other 3 are just abominations.

Gotta love those forwards though.

Well, until this game I don't think Grossmann had been out for a goal against.

I think MDZ has looked better then he's actually been because he leaves his partner out to dry a lot, makes it look like it's on the other guy. A lot of those goals against where theres a guy wide open around the net is because of MDZ not covering his man. He also can't clear the crease worth ****. He's actually good with the puck though, so its a trade off.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
weird-ass game...cant believe we came back to win it just dreading a so...also nice to shut up the idiot fox announcers talking complete **** about us when they had lead .

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Our offence is really, really good!

They do this with virtually no puck-moving up from the back as well.

They could seriously finish top 10 in goals for and not make the playoffs... which really just does not happen.

Adding Ghost or Alt will help with team D just by getting the puck out quicker.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
3 overtimes out of 5 close games.....2 hit post in OT games etc . Hockey is a crazy game . Nice win tonight and a lesson in never giving up on this club folks .

Totes agreed.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Del Zotto has been fine this seasons so far. He's contributing with puck movement and he isn't as bad defensively or with decision-making as I was led to believe. If this D were actually a good D full of actual NHL caliber players then he'd be a fine bottom three D I think.

Grossmann is far worse and definitely far more limited in his capabilities. Schenn too probably.

Edit: Really though, outside of Coburn, Streit, and I guess Mac there's a pretty big drop-off so not much point in arguing who is on top.

SgtJoseph*

How crazy is it that our D can be this bad yet we have been in 5 1goal games? (EN not included)

Our offensive players certainly have defensive assignments they have bungled as well . Its OBVIOUS our D is not great, but its not all on them in my view . Much needed win for the WHOLE club tonight .

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
He was fine. Not great, but not good.

Grossmann was horrendous, and MacD, outside of his goal, was pretty ****ing weak. Luke and Brayden I thought had good games.

MacD actually had a great keep for Couts' goal. I thought he had a pretty good game, I only remember one bad **** up and the way Berube was changing around pairings, it's not surprising.

But for real, what the hell was going on with our pairings and line combinations tonight?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Giroux on radio:

"That was really an ugly win. There were too many mistakes that cost us."

On the third period "We grinded it out, we played as a team, we have to do a better job of playing in front of our goalie. Ugly win but we will take it."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad