4pt night for Huberdeau - first time since his 115pt season

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I was thinking a while back that maybe they should experiment and switch him over to RW since his struggles started in Calgary. I had a little thought about it when he was with the Panthers. But maybe this could help his game moving forward.
He has played some RW here, but I don't think it makes a huge difference beyond when you're on the rush, as all 3 forward positions are so fluid in the offensive zone these days.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Looks way faster. Makes you wonder why it took this long to trim down or why he thought it was a good idea to “bulk” after his best season by far

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
It's early, but couldn't ask for a better start from him. With Lindholm, Tanev, Markstrom, Hanifin gone maybe he feels more responsibility and is more of a leader in the room with the young guys. Even the goal of his shoulder last night was him driving to the net and getting a lucky break. Something that didn't happen often the previous 2 seasons.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
He got stats but his play wasn’t any good. I guess it doesn’t matter if we can pawn him off on some dumb team but overall not much to be excited about.
What's the deal with him and Shara's defensive play? They were both last on the Flames in +/- last year by a long while. I'm trying to cope with the Devils giving Shara away but he did lose his place partially because his defensive play at 5v5 was not very good.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
What's the deal with him and Shara's defensive play? They were both last on the Flames in +/- last year by a long while. I'm trying to cope with the Devils giving Shara away but he did lose his place partially because his defensive play at 5v5 was not very good.

Sharangovich is crap. But he is putting up points on a bad Flames team so our fans ignore it. As you mention and as Devils fans saw when you put him on a winning team he has no place because he isn't good enough offensively to make up for his lack of hockey IQ and defensive awareness.

Reactions: KovalchukFistPump

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
IMO Flames are the team to watch this season if their goal tending holds up. I think they will surprise this season. Dark horse team of this season

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I wonder if playing with Pospisil will open up room for him. I know Pospisil is playing C but he can dig the pick out of corners which could help Huberdeau. Going into the corners is definitely not Hubie’s thing.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Sharangovich is crap. But he is putting up points on a bad Flames team so our fans ignore it. As you mention and as Devils fans saw when you put him on a winning team he has no place because he isn't good enough offensively to make up for his lack of hockey IQ and defensive awareness.
Interesting. He just completely lost his place as a passenger on Jack or Nico's line to Mercer and Tatar. Tatar himself had absolutely excellent advanced defensive stats in 22-23, which is why he was brought back this year.

No way the Devils could afford Shara's cap hit right now, but they probably could've used his offense last year as Holtz busted and Mercer had a down year.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
God's country just outside of Calgary
It’s way too early to discuss a 4 point night? The night it happens should we discuss this game in January?
This thread is not a discussion about the 4 pt night. Its a post about Huberdeau scoring 5 pts in 2 nights, Huberdeau being on fire, and Huberdeau looking like the old 115 pt Huberdeau. Way too early for that kind of speculation. Its been 2 games for Christs sake. LOL. A Huberdeau is back thread is just as realistic and premature as a Flames are a Pacific Div powerhouse thread. Get real.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
God's country just outside of Calgary
Interesting. He just completely lost his place as a passenger on Jack or Nico's line to Mercer and Tatar. Tatar himself had absolutely excellent advanced defensive stats in 22-23, which is why he was brought back this year.

No way the Devils could afford Shara's cap hit right now, but they probably could've used his offense last year as Holtz busted and Mercer had a down year.
Ignore what MM917 says. Even though he purports to be a Flames fan his favorite pass time is talking shit about the team and its players. Sharangovich has become a fan favorite with Flames fans ....other than a couple of morons.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
This thread is not a discussion about the 4 pt night. Its a post about Huberdeau scoring 5 pts in 2 nights, Huberdeau being on fire, and Huberdeau looking like the old 115 pt Huberdeau. Way too early for that kind of speculation. Its been 2 games for Christs sake. LOL. A Huberdeau is back thread is just as realistic and premature as a Flames are a Pacific Div powerhouse thread. Get real.
So do we just not post about any players until January then? This forum shouldnt be live until then according to you.... grow up...

Edit: Also, I can tell you aren't watching the games. Because he actually HAS looked like the player he was before coming over. He has never looked this good in a Calgary sweater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad