GDT: #47|Penguins@Camp TDG-BOS |Tue, Feb 8 -7PM|ATTENTION All Experts, Please Rise For Our Nat Anthem!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

All Experts: Are you ready for the second half?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Going to be 40 degrees in Boston, turn off the Anthem and go back to bed.

• I'm pacing like an expectant father with the clap.

• No...I'm going dancing with Roxanne.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Mine as well put my griping out early here.

Line 3 is gonna be
Heinen-ERod-Zohorna

Heinen coming off injury and was playing meh hockey and Z on his off wing. Nice creativity....lol

Line 3 should be
Zohorna-ERod-Puus

This team needs an injection of creative juice and why wouldn't we use this as a line to try a spark? I'll tell you why. It's not safe. Sullivan can't feel comfortable that it would produce 0 goals for at even strength.
Sullivan has a tried and true method for making sure call-ups fail. It’s really quite simple. Make sure ZAR and Simon play on separate lines so the call-ups always have to play with one of them.
Those two will never pass to the new guy either which makes it even more effective. It’s brilliant, really.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I’m not sure I like the concept of Puusy playing 8 minutes with Boyle either. Getting him some time in practices is fine.
well I thought if Heinen was still hurt, he would slide on that RW third line and definitively got some decent minutes...he wasn't going to replace neither ZAR nor Simon especially against Boston team

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
I have no problem with a coach playing two consistently responsible defensive players against a team that routinely caves in the Pens at home. I also would have no problem with one of them sitting for a kid to get a chance. Especially since the odds of the kid scoring is considerably better than ZAR/Simon combined.

Also, between the ages of 10 and 14 I viewed the movie Meatballs about 75 times. One time I gave an abridged version of the "It just doesn't matter" speech at halftime of a varsity soccer game.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Sullivan has a tried and true method for making sure call-ups fail. It’s really quite simple. Make sure ZAR and Simon play on separate lines so the call-ups always have to play with one of them.
Those two will never pass to the new guy either which makes it even more effective. It’s brilliant, really.

Ok what's your lineup? You've complained now post your idea how to beat Boston.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Can you elaborate on this more? I have no idea what this is?

Who has been misused or set up for failure?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yikes…Swayman is in goal for Boston tonight…sure loss for the Pens

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Yikes…Swayman is in goal for Boston tonight…sure loss for the Pens
But you always predict a Pens loss...so...technically you have been right 19 times this season. About as accurate as someone without any knowledge of the the time of day guessing that it's 4:20.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
But you always predict a Pens loss...so...technically you have been right 19 times this season. About as accurate as someone without any knowledge of the the time of day guessing that it's 4:20.

can people please stop ruining my reverse jinxes!

RSPens

May 25, 2015
can people please stop ruining my reverse jinxes!
Never... can people stop being pessimistic all the time? Even though after 4 losses in a row (even though 3 were OT losses), no Geno, no Blueger, no big Puusy...it can be very hard to be optimistic. On the bright side Jarry has only played ~1 game in the last week, so he should be rested at least.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Because Swayman only had 10 games in the league at that point, and Rask's future was murky.
Ullmark is more established.

They secured the most important position.

true, but he’s played 17 games so far this year and his save % is slightly above Ullmark’s…

RSPens

May 25, 2015
The guys from WB are not the answer people, they're just not!
Sure...they might not be the answer...but what is even the question? Even with all the injuries and issues this season, the Pens are one of the top 4 or so teams in the east and one of the top teams league wide. Sure the real question is what can they do in the playoffs, but there isn't a player in the league that is the definitive answer to that question. This team is just as capable of beating almost anyone (fricking LA) in a series as they are to lose to anyone in a series. Any one player in or out doesn't change that. Sure if the Pens don't get a more reliable backup it could cost them by wearing Jarry out, but even that can't be answered until the games are played.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sure...they might not be the answer...but what is even the question? Even with all the injuries and issues this season, the Pens are one of the top 4 or so teams in the east and one of the top teams league wide. Sure the real question is what can they do in the playoffs, but there isn't a player in the league that is the definitive answer to that question. This team is just as capable of beating almost anyone (fricking LA) in a series as they are to lose to anyone in a series. Any one player in or out doesn't change that. Sure if the Pens don't get a more reliable backup it could cost them by wearing Jarry out, but even that can't be answered until the games are played.
It just irks me that anyone would clamor for the WB bunch. Other than maybe Nylander down the road or POJ there's not much down there. Yes ZAR and Simon are eye sores. but that in and of itself doesn't mean guys down in the ''A'' are anything to write home about either. I trust that the powers that be know what they are doing.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
It just irks me that anyone would clamor for the WB bunch. Other than maybe Nylander down the road or POJ there's not much down there. Yes ZAR and Simon are eye sores. but that in and of itself doesn't mean guys down in the ''A'' are anything to write home about either. I trust that the powers that be know what they are doing.
I don't disagree. What these people clamoring for AHL call ups and hating on Simon need to ask themselves is "Why do people around the team keep saying that everyone loves to play with Simon?" You hear it all the time. Sid loves playing with Dom, Boyle loves playing with Dom, etc. The reason you hear this is because he tends to be a possession monster. When he is on the ice the puck tends to be in the opponents end. Yeah, his shot sucks, he can't hit and there's nothing special about his passes, but he is safe. If you are the coach of an NHL team do you prefer to have Simon in the line-up where he doesn't score, but doesn't get scored on, or would you rather have a green rookie who might score, but will likely be caved shift in and shift out. It's not a hard choice really.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't disagree. What these people clamoring for AHL call ups and hating on Simon need to ask themselves is "Why do people around the team keep saying that everyone loves to play with Simon?" You hear it all the time. Sid loves playing with Dom, Boyle loves playing with Dom, etc. The reason you hear this is because he tends to be a possession monster. When he is on the ice the puck tends to be in the opponents end. Yeah, his shot sucks, he can't hit and there's nothing special about his passes, but he is safe. If you are the coach of an NHL team do you prefer to have Simon in the line-up where he doesn't score, but doesn't get scored on, or would you rather have a green rookie who might score, but will likely be caved shift in and shift out. It's not a hard choice really.
Simon definitely is good with possession. Sadly he's not real proficient in much else. He's ok in tight spaces, I'll give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad