GDT: #46 | Sabres @ Penguins | April 23, 2013 | Second Battle of Consol Energy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Well what have we learned about the Cup champions the past few years?

It is the team that is streaking and on fire heading into the playoffs. The Caps are that team right now and the Pens are simply "going through the motions" because apparently they feel that there is nothing left to gain from any more wins and that they will just "coast" until the playoffs and then turn it on.

THAT thinking is usually a big mistake. You want to be operating like a well oiled machine when the puck drops for game one, not floating and drifting around out there for the final few games and then thinking that you will just crank it up then.

If you really think that we're "coasting" and "going through the motions" you're ****ing delusional. Either that, or you've been a fan for not even a week.

15 game streak and unbeaten in March mean anything to you???

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Wish there was a way to where we knew everyone's age online, so I don't feel like an idiot responding to a 13 year old

LGP6687

Apr 3, 2013

It is the team that is streaking and on fire heading into the playoffs. The Caps are that team right now and the Pens are simply "going through the motions" because apparently they feel that there is nothing left to gain from any more wins and that they will just "coast" until the playoffs and then turn it on.

THAT thinking is usually a big mistake. You want to be operating like a well oiled machine when the puck drops for game one, not floating and drifting around out there for the final few games and then thinking that you will just crank it up then.

Yeah but that usually don't work for the Penguins. Our luck is, we play hard no matter what, and everybody is injured and we're using our AHL team to start the playoffs. We're injury cursed.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hey, Wings fans! Hey, Bruins fans! I promise I'm not a homer, I swear! I can trash the Pens just as much as you can! Please respect me!

;)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Wow, that was annoying. Massive mistake from Eaton on the 2-3 goal and just stupid by Letang on the 2-4.

Creeping terror that Bylsma would go with Dupuis with Malkin-Iginla rather than play Kunitz there when Dupuis has been so good with either of the Morrow, Jokinen, Sutter guys, but of course Dupuis could have scored three or four today.

Suppose we just gotta chalk it up to 'one of those things', because we could have easily won this. But Buffalo plays us well, and generally prevents our breakouts well.

Our 4th line was a worry almost all the time in our zone today.

Upwards and onwards.

That was kind of disconcerting. Personally, I would have preferred Bennett with Geno and Iggy and Jokinen centering Morrow and Dupuis. BUT, yeah, makes me wonder if the lines we fear on a fully healthy roster actually could happen.

That said, the Pens treated this like preseason as I said. No desperation really. Would have been that way last night but for the opponent.

And watch Malkin's shoulder . . . THAT is a big concern. Really shied away from shooting and the shot was weak for him the one time he 'ripped' it.

CrozJawz*

probably 75%+ chance we play the Rags. as long as Lundqvist doesn't go crazy we should be alright

I know, I know, the Pens aren't at full strength but the same things are rearing their ugly heads again at the wrong point in the season.

The PK has been struggling mightily lately and is near the bottom of the league.

The PP has been struggling quite a bit lately too. Getting good looks, but not finishing.

And speaking of not finishing, that is what led to the loss tonight. Chance after chance, after chance and no finishing. Missed nets, flubbed passes, pucks rolling off sticks when there is an open net, BB not firing quick enough and allowing Miller to get a piece of it.

Fleury with some questionable play as well, allowing yet another wrist shot in from above the circle and then flubbing what should have been an easy glove save that led to the winning goal.

I'm just saying that there seem to be a large number of members here are are just soooo confident that the Pens will steamroll whoever they play in the first round simply because they "have more talent" then anyone else in the league...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That was kind of disconcerting. Personally, I would have preferred Bennett with Geno and Iggy and Jokinen centering Morrow and Dupuis. BUT, yeah, makes me wonder if the lines we fear on a fully healthy roster actually could happen.

That said, the Pens treated this like preseason as I said. No desperation really. Would have been that way last night but for the opponent.

And watch Malkin's shoulder . . . THAT is a big concern. Really shied away from shooting and the shot was weak for him the one time he 'ripped' it.

I thought Geno was physical with his shoulders all night, not sure about shooting, but don't think he passed up any golden chances.

I mentioned during the game that I believe tonight's lines were about the playoffs, not tonight's game

Dupuis - X - Iginla
Kunitz - X - Neal
Morrow - X - Bennett
Cooke - X - Adams

CrozJawz*

If you really think that we're "coasting" and "going through the motions" you're ****ing delusional. Either that, or you've been a fan for not even a week.

15 game streak and unbeaten in March mean anything to you???

I wasn't talking about March now was I? I'm talking about RIGHT NOW.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
Don't ever let Letang touch the puck again.

Sure, that sounds like a recipe for success.

Jeffrey just doesn't work well as the 4C, not good enough offensively to lift plugs and not a dynamic player like Vitale that's crashing around all over the place. I get that he played because he had 2 points last night but every time he plays 4C, he's nondescript.

All around bleh game, stunned that Eaton played the Ott goal like he did, very out of character for him. Playoffs can't start soon enough.

Could not agree with this post more.

The Zs give it away. Clearly you’re Wingerz’ more negative younger brother. Is there a third one coming down the pike? “Injworriez?”

And DA was definitely right - it's the slightest trolling for sure. Look for nit-picking on the same players that many others are predominantly complimenting, while letting bad plays by the "whipping boys" go without comment.

Last edited:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Wrong. The Rags are. They are tied and Ottawa has a game in hand

Yeah, but the Rangers have the Canes & Devils and the Sens have the Caps, Flyers and Bruins. The Rags are also playing much better than the Sens right now, their loss to Florida tonight notwithstanding.

SteelFish87*

Sens play the caps, flyers, and bruins. Still think they will be 8th. But yeah, they now are in the drivers seat for the 7th seed.

Rags just lost to the worst team in the NHL

basic mathematics tell me the Rags are most likely to be #8 seed

although i would prefer Ottawa

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I know, I know, the Pens aren't at full strength but the same things are rearing their ugly heads again at the wrong point in the season.

The PK has been struggling mightily lately and is near the bottom of the league.

The PP has been struggling quite a bit lately too. Getting good looks, but not finishing.

And speaking of not finishing, that is what led to the loss tonight. Chance after chance, after chance and no finishing. Missed nets, flubbed passes, pucks rolling off sticks when there is an open net, BB not firing quick enough and allowing Miller to get a piece of it.

Fleury with some questionable play as well, allowing yet another wrist shot in from above the circle and then flubbing what should have been an easy glove save that led to the winning goal.

I'm just saying that there seem to be a large number of members here are are just soooo confident that the Pens will steamroll whoever they play in the first round simply because they "have more talent" then anyone else in the league...

Or, a large number of posters understand that they don't have any influence over what the team does, and therefore do not have a compulsive need to leave an "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" trail of posts because of it.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I wasn't talking about March now was I? I'm talking about RIGHT NOW.

No, seriously.. are you a Penguins fan? Or are you a fan of another team who thinks it's funny to talk trash on a team that just won 7 in a row largely without their two best players, 40 goal scorer, and second best defensemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad