Post-Game Talk: #46 Rangers @ Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Good: Hagelin
Bad: Nash, Stepan, Callahan and Torts playing Girardi on the Powerplay
Redden: The powerplay, the line-up change, WTF?

Big players don't show up to the most important game this season, #fail.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Moore impressed me more than Richards. Richards took a dumb penalty.

I thought it was such a weak call. Late in the game tied 1-1 and they call something that marginal? The FLA player leaned into Richards and fell. Richards wasn't the primary reason he tripped and fell. Not blaming the refs for this one but just saying... it was weak.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
My perception of this team hasn't changed because of this loss either. They are a tough hockey team to beat when they play their game for 60 minutes. Ihe only problem is they haven't done that on a consistent basis this year. I don't think this one loss makes them a bad hockey team. Its the NHL, you are going to lose games.

My main point was that people are going to be pissed and upset about this loss, and they have a right to be. I dont get why people are shocked at the anger on this board. It was a bad loss to a bad hockey team. Thats all I was saying.

Fair, and I don't mean to imply that you're one of those poster who will jump ship after ever loss and hop back on after every win, and I don't disagree with any of the above. I get the emotion, I just get frustrated and discouraged when people post so emotionally, when those posts make entirely no sense out of context.

Then again, I sarcastically suggested that we nuke all of Canada after a loss to the Habs, and a few people thought I were serious, so who's to talk...

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
They dominated the play in that game. They had the effort, but just not the luck.. its too bad, but thank god the Jets managed to lose to the Caps

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Inexcusable lack of urgency and effort tonight. Stupid spread of ice time......28:00 for Girardi and 3:40 for Kreider and Asham. 5:00 for Powe. Poetic justice would be a loss in Carolina and the Devils knocking us out on Saturday. Not hoping for it, but fearing it.

I don't get this.

We almost always seem to struggle when Torts decides to roll three lines. We have no structured game and lives on our ability to stress the other team into making misstakes. You don't achive that when you have tired players on the ice...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Well then I guess you might as well quit following hockey because the chances that even the Penguins or Blackhawks win the cup is:

Assume they are 60% to win any given game in round 1
Assume they are 57% to win any given game in round 2
Assume they are 53% to win any given game in round 3
Assume they are 50% to win any given game in the finals (1 vs 1)

All these numbers are obviously just made up by me in this post but they are generally going to be pretty close. Obviously it can change if say the 7 seed wins round 1 so then the 1 plays the 7 round 2 instead of say the 4 but this is representing the most likely scenario.

These 4 combination of percentages result in a 86% chance to win round 1, 78% chance to win round 2, 63% chance to win round 3, and 50% chance to win in the finals.

So the result would be a 21% chance to win the stanley cup.

So if you're going into this as a fan of any team with the expectation that you're going to win you are just wasting your time. If you even want to have a 50% chance to win the Cup you would have to be 84% to win every single series. If you wanted to have a 75% chance you'd have to be 93% to win every series.

The realistic statistical chance to win the Cup is not the point. If you go in to the post-season with a mediocre roster and playing uninspired hockey, you're going to get put down like a blind dog with bunk legs. I don't care if your statistical chance is 99.9%. Last year there was a good reason to be excited and positive for the playoffs. No one expected that team to win the East, and on paper it wasn't a team people expected to dominate, but they were playing good hockey most of the year and Henrik had a career year.

This year is just like every other year the Rangers scrape by in to the post-season. Why would you have anything other than low expectations? To torture yourself?

Anything can happen. I can walk out my door this morning and find a pile of gold on my car, and a leprechaun dancing around playing a ****ing pan flute. I could go to work today and get made CEO. I could find a dragon egg on the side of the road and hatch it. However, realistically I can walk out my door, get in my car, go to work, and come home like I do normally every day and nothing extraordinary or unusual will happen. That's because even though ANYTHING can happen, at ANYTIME, the things most likely to happen, given my situation and the way the world is around me, are going to happen. Not fanciful ******** from wishful thinking.

The playoffs are delaying the inevitable. RESET BUTTON please.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Can someone explain what the **** happened, that everybody is throwing the towel, going nuts, and **** like that.

Is this bizarro world? After last game people were totally happy, and now its like fukushima dropped on our *****? :dunno:

All this season's over **** ... stick it back up guys ... we are going to the POs and then its Pit time ... :nod: that will be something

(yeah yeah first make playoffs, come on, winnipeg has one game left ... )

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
Florida lost 6 in a row coming in to last night. Think how happy they must be to avoid the dreaded 10 game losing streak?

The loss is a big deal but not a big deal. All of these things that are being said could have been said over the last 3 games. The Rangers won 3 out of 4 games they had to win.

Stop thinking about Saturday and focus on Thursday. The Rangers aren't the team they were pre-trade deadline. The pre-trade deadline team would have shown no effort last night. This team will be angry and focused tomorrow night and will get it done.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
The only thing worse than the Rangers losing to the worst team in the league are the people who whine about us complaining about it.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310802_379082968873810_115093062_n.jpg

During the last game on Sunday afternoon, I believe I heard the NBC announcers say that the Rangers were immediately leaving on a charter and proceeding to south Florida. The skating of this team (but for Zucc and Moore) seemed off last night. What the hell happened between Sunday and Tuesday?

That's crazy that they would take a bus ... I would think they would fly out to Florida

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
That's crazy that they would take a bus ... I would think they would fly out to Florida

No, no...chartered plane. I'm just trying to figure out why they seemed not to skate well last night. They had been playing so well (and potting goals from everywhere) and then last night happened.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Please. I'm the only one who ever offers criticism. Everyone else defends him over every goal. The 2nd goal was laughable. Just went right through him.

I love it. I say Hank had a bad game and suddenly I apparently say it after every loss. This board is absurd.

The 2nd goal was horrendous and he barely faced any shots. The offense also failed tobeat a horrendous D and looked brain dead once again. You're right but the reason you're being criticized?

The O has been the much bigger problem all season so it's stupid to blame Hank and Hank alone of course you'll get criticized for ignoring how atrocious and flawed players like Boyle and Richards consistently are only to attack Hank the few times he deserves it. In this case the O scored 2 goals and dissappeared for 18 minutes when they were down with a PO berth on the line against the absolute worst team in the league.

Hemlawk86

Mar 23, 2006
Jersey Shore
People talking s### about Cally need to piss off. The guy has done so much for us, can't blame him for 1 bad game.

To me it seemed like desperate hockey. Too fast and sloppy.

Realize

Can someone explain what the **** happened, that everybody is throwing the towel, going nuts, and **** like that.

Is this bizarro world? After last game people were totally happy, and now its like fukushima dropped on our *****? :dunno:

All this season's over **** ... stick it back up guys ... we are going to the POs and then its Pit time ... :nod: that will be something

(yeah yeah first make playoffs, come on, winnipeg has one game left ... )

I am fully on your side..
It's really annoying not to make 2 more goals to clinch, but the last games were really not bad but nothing is over yet.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Lucky goals stopped, defensively McD had a horrific game.

Brad Richards (while +2) came crashing down the earth like an elevator stuffed to the brim with his lack of confidence and poor judgement.

Nash terrible.

Zucc was easily our best player and that's not a good thing.

Our D can't hit the net. Our PP can't set up or make anything happen off the rush.

Same ol same ol

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Lucky goals stopped, defensively McD had a horrific game.

Brad Richards (while +2) came crashing down the earth like an elevator stuffed to the brim with his lack of confidence and poor judgement.

Nash terrible.

Zucc was easily our best player and that's not a good thing.

Our D can't hit the net. Our PP can't set up or make anything happen off the rush.

Same ol same ol

Don't worry. Anything can happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad