Prospect Info: 45th Overall 2024 Draft, RW Ryder Ritchie

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
SFPx5nd.png

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Very good 16 yo season(similar production to Catton), battled injuries this past season. Top-6 upside, somewhat similar player to his father, though hopefully he sticks in the show for longer.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Some of you have EP, so I will share some other quotes:

"Skilled player that needs to learn to work"

"Both Ritchie and Marques turn me off with their body language"

"Really good player. Great skill. He needs to mature his game but he is really talented"

"He drove me crazy at the U18"

THN said that there was some drama that he chose to rehab at home vs listening to his JR club.

In Judd we trust. Skilled RW with comps to Perron...dad was an NHLer, maybe just needs to mature.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
“I saw him recently…what a waste of time. No idea how he is ranked so high.” - NHL Scout, April

“I see him ranked high and I don’t get it. I do not see f***ing first rounder for him.” - NHL Scout,
May 2024

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sounds like a really good pick, potentially. The RHS part was probably just a coincidence or a happy little accident but it's nice to have

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Some of you have EP, so I will share some other quotes:

"Skilled player that needs to learn to work"

"Both Ritchie and Marques turn me off with their body language"

"Really good player. Great skill. He needs to mature his game but he is really talented"

"He drove me crazy at the U18"

THN said that there was some drama that he chose to rehab at home vs listening to his JR club.

In Judd we trust. Skilled RW with comps to Perron...dad was an NHLer, maybe just needs to mature.
Sounds like a "due diligence" type pick. After getting Buium yesterday and not having a 3rd today, can't say I mind it.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
This pick reminds me of when we picked Haight - in the sense that we are picking for pure skill in an average body and a player that has yet to put it together.

When I watch his shift videos, you can immediately see his puck skills, his head fakes and consistently want to attack. Great WJC U-18 to end the season, was a former #1 WHL overall pick - I see this a home run type of pick and #45, I actually don't mind that, especially since we have alot of depth in the prospect pool but lack any game breakers and you have to swing for those with non-1st rounders.

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This pick reminds me of when we picked Haight - in the sense that we are picking for pure skill in an average body and a player that has yet to put it together.

When I watch his shift videos, you can immediately see his puck skills, his head fakes and consistently want to attack. Great WJC U-18 to end the season, was a former #1 WHL overall pick - I see this a home run type of pick and #45, I actually don't mind that, especially since we have alot of depth in the prospect pool but lack any game breakers and you have to swing for those with non-1st rounders.
He was considered to be a 1st rounder pre season, but dropped, some say due to injuries. Is considered to have skill, and upside if he figures things out. I'm good with this, though i also would've been good with a big RHD, or a big, grindy two way forward with limited offense(i.e. lorenz).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Dropped because of apparent engagement issues. I think it's similar to Heidt where he is very lazy on defense. Also they think he's not a team player.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like the bet on skill and pedigree. At one point he was a top prospect. He needs to correct his trend though, otherwise he’ll follow the Stramel path.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dropped because of apparent engagement issues. I think it's similar to Heidt where he is very lazy on defense. Also they think he's not a team player.
I've watched a lot of Heidt. He is an offensive player trying to get his, like many in junior, but he is actually a pretty engaged defensive player, and plays on PG's PK. He was never lazy on defense, compared to his peers. I would say that he is above average defensively for an offensive player, if that makes sense. Also plays with a bit of physicality. It's still a mystery to me as to why he dropped so much.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I've watched a lot of Heidt. He is an offensive player trying to get his, like many in junior, but he is actually a pretty engaged defensive player, and plays on PG's PK. He was never lazy on defense, compared to his peers. I would say that he is above average defensively for an offensive player, if that makes sense. Also plays with a bit of physicality. It's still a mystery to me as to why he dropped so much.

Good CHL player but most think he won't translate to the NHL?

Curious to see how good Ryder does. But Minnesota has pretty much plugged holes this draft. High end offensive defenseman. Skilled right winger.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I know very little about this guy except what I've read from a few quotes of scouts, and his rankings on elite prospects. From only those, I'm a little surprised he was still there. His production doesn't jump off the sheet, so maybe that says something.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00