Prospect Info: 45th Overall 2024 Draft, RW Ryder Ritchie

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good CHL player but most think he won't translate to the NHL?

Curious to see how good Ryder does. But Minnesota has pretty much plugged holes this draft. High end offensive defenseman. Skilled right winger.
Au contraire, Heidt has been mentioned many times as a guy who has a chance to make the NHL team out of camp( I think that's very optimistic), and at least get his 9 games in. Calling him a "good" CHL player is selling him short. He was third in scoring with 117 points.

I think he'll be in the NHL in 2-3 years from now, maybe 4. Depends on all sorts of things.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Don't mind this at all. Skill and talent, needs to learn teamwork. Decent size, righty, winger. If he busts, too bad, we tried. If he pans out, a skilled scorer with a 2nd. Don't particularly like uncommitted guys tbh, but I can definitely see why we went with him.

Reactions: TaLoN

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I remember his father, Byron Ritchie, who played in Sweden a couple of years. Smaller player with good hands. His mother is Swedish, and his uncle is former NHL player Andreas Johansson who played with Lemieux and Jagr.

So he should speak swedish and may even be a swedish citizen. No sure about the last thing though.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
6' 1/4", 177lbs. Decent size. Like most young prospect, needs to put on some weight. Seems to be fully mature, yet, physically. Didn't realize he missed 10 weeks of the past season due to injury. That's tough, and explains a lot. Low key excited to see how this guy works out. Aug Bday, RHS... untapped potential, possibly? I like it.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Lorenz - Heidt - Ritchie depth scoring 3rd line in 3 years.
You mean Bankier - Heidt - Ritchie ;)

In all honesty I think he and Lorenz both have the potential to play there. Lorenz has the better frame, Bankier the better shot.

6' 1/4", 177lbs. Decent size. Like most young prospect, needs to put on some weight. Seems to be fully mature, yet, physically. Didn't realize he missed 10 weeks of the past season due to injury. That's tough, and explains a lot. Low key excited to see how this guy works out. Aug Bday, RHS... untapped potential, possibly? I like it.
I like this as long as the attitude/selfish player reports are simply immaturity or overblown.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

In all honesty I think he and Lorenz both have the potential to play there. Lorenz has the better frame, Bankier the better shot.

I like this as long as the attitude/selfish player reports are simply immaturity or overblown.
There is one blowhard on the main board who has him labelled as entitled, but he seems to be a weird guy. WHL watchers who i trust have zero issues with him, and think this pick is a good one, much like the Heidt pick.

I hope that Bankier comes back looking good this year. We need a C with size and skill like we need to breathe.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
There is one blowhard on the main board who has him labelled as entitled, but he seems to be a weird guy. WHL watchers who i trust have zero issues with him, and think this pick is a good one, much like the Heidt pick.

I hope that Bankier comes back looking good this year. We need a C with size and skill like we need to breathe.
Good to know regarding Ritchie.

I can't remember if he was one of the ones that stayed in Minnesota this summer ALA Rossi, but if he did, that is a good sign. Big believer in his tools/potential.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

Do you think Bankier would end up as a winger? He's off to his start as a center with Toporowski.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Do you think Bankier would end up as a winger? He's off to his start as a center with Toporowski.
I do, while he improved quite a bit in understanding his coverage and backchecking responsibilities (nonexistent first 10-15 games), I don't think hes a center. Will have to pay more attention to his faceoffs, transition through center ice, etc. more this year, and he will need to fill in that lanky frame. I like him a lot more on the wing in transition and for setting up his shot, which I think is underrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad