GDT: #45 - 01/16/18 | flyers @ rangers | 7:00 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
How long is Hayes out? Sorry. The Hayes offensive breakout thread doesn't discuss it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Wasn't it a contusion or something of that sort?
I hope its not a hip contusion. I once skated near full speed in to the boards but the player bench wasnt locked so I caught my hip on the corner of it when the door swung open. That injury was scary because bad things can happen with hip bruises.

Reactions: will1066

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I think it'd be 2.7% if it was today. lol I just did a sim and the Rangers won on the first try.

The NHL tweaked the draft too much, bad teams get shafted under this system.
Even more reason to not completely tank.

It's not like the NFL where last place guarantees you the top pick, or even like the NHL a few years ago when last place gave you overwhelming odds to get the pick. Now it's just slightly better, but still, an 18% chance of getting the doesn't seem as worth it as when it was 25% or higher.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I must say that I’m curious about how long they can actually keep playing as bad as they have these last couple of games.

They will play good for a bit too.

The AVS on the other hand have limitless growth, and although they were a laughing sock and needed to trade a main player during a game, after a win streak they have exponential growth. I don't expect the AVS to lose more than 3 games ever given the recent record of 100%.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm a never say quit guy. I literally hate to quit. Put a brick wall in front of me and I will try to go through it but last game I quit watching in the 3rd period. I just hate watching when the team seems so disenchanted. We need 5 guys going in the same direction. Right now we have 2-3 playing against 5 too often.

Ha!

I knew you didn't care.

You've just been faking it for like 40 something years.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
We will land **** unless we drop to the bottom.

Hate leaving a convo unfinished from the previous thread. All I was going to say is the last points you raised I actually agree with but they're different from the original idea of yours that I was replying to which was the idea that AV did not have any Torts guys/players on his team.

My response to that first idea was that Av inherited a significant chunk of the same roster that Torts took to the ECF, except imo AV's version had significantly more talent and experience.

But Torts needed to go, he was just as bad as AV imo. Just with different issues making him bad. If people want to crap on AV, I'm usually the first one there, but when they want to go all revisionist about Torts to bolster their argument then I don't agree.

Anyway I mostly agreed with your last post in that convo.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Hate leaving a convo unfinished from the previous thread. All I was going to say is the last points you raised I actually agree with but they're different from the original idea of yours that I was replying to which was the idea that AV did not have any Torts guys/players on his team.

My response to that first idea was that Av inherited a significant chunk of the same roster that Torts took to the ECF, except imo AV's version had significantly more talent and experience.

But Torts needed to go, he was just as bad as AV imo. Just with different issues making him bad. If people want to crap on AV, I'm usually the first one there, but when they want to go all revisionist about Torts to bolster their argument then I don't agree.

Anyway I mostly agreed with your last post in that convo.

I understood your point too.

When I'm saying AV won't fix the issue, I'm generally talking to a less level headed mass of individuals [i.e not you] who want the change so bad because they think it will fix things it won't fix and they believe it will be rapid change for success.

I think AV should be moved at the end of the season or if we nose dive because he was brought here for end game and this is a mid game at best roster.

A lot of the clamoring for the change are people think we area coach away from a return to end game because our roster has great "expected..."

It doesn't have expected. This is what it is.

Reactions: shinchanyo

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Even if we had the first pick there's no guarantee this stupid franchise would pick him. They'd go for the "off" pick again and select the next Hugh Jessiman. I apologize.....I still can't get over the '03 draft.

:popcorn:

If we miss the Play-Offs and somehow miraculously end up with the first overall pick, you have now planted a horrible, horrible seed in my mind. We aren't that stupid now, are we? :laugh:

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Even more reason to not completely tank.

It's not like the NFL where last place guarantees you the top pick, or even like the NHL a few years ago when last place gave you overwhelming odds to get the pick. Now it's just slightly better, but still, an 18% chance of getting the doesn't seem as worth it as when it was 25% or higher.
I don't think the Rangers have to tank to have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad