GDT: #42| Bruins at FLYERS | Sat., Jan. 10, 2015 | 1:00 PM ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Anyone else watching this game and being excited to see morin in a flyers sweater??? Chara is on a whole different level of course, but just seeing how strong chara is defensively out there is incredible...morin could be that big mean presence in the back end we have been lacki since pronger went down.

I may be alone here, but I haven't been all that impressed with Morin. Is he our best d prospect? Probably, but he hasn't shown the flashes that make you say wow. Anyone watch the WJC? Bareky had any ice time and the other d men on that roster aside from Nurse were not that good. Morin I think will be a slightly more angry Coburn.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Read hasn't proven anything, I'd say the opposite, he had one good season. He gots knocked off the puck easily and has only got three goals this year. He's lost speed and has no grit. Raffle stated well, got hurt, and been poor since. Don't want to trade them? The sit them for a while and give some young guys a shot. These guys are part of our lack of secondary scoring.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
I may be alone here, but I haven't been all that impressed with Morin. Is he our best d prospect? Probably, but he hasn't shown the flashes that make you say wow. Anyone watch the WJC? Bareky had any ice time and the other d men on that roster aside from Nurse were not that good. Morin I think will be a slightly more angry Coburn.

The WJC were kind of flukish...he lost 20 pounds because of the broken jaw, and he really played a soft game almost like he didn't want to take a penalty. I think when he gets up with the big club he is gonna have a longer leash to be physical. Im not saying he's gonna be chara by any means...but a more mean cOburn wouldn't be that bad. A lot of people think that's what coburn is missing, some fire. Im excited for a mean crease clearing defender, any offense will be a cherry on top

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

It was a short seven game tournament. I wouldn't take it as gospel. He's been playing well with his junior club since returning.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Laughton has shown more than Read & Raffl and they're the Pros with experience. Read has been particularly disappointing this year.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
The WJC were kind of flukish...he lost 20 pounds because of the broken jaw, and he really played a soft game almost like he didn't want to take a penalty. I think when he gets up with the big club he is gonna have a longer leash to be physical. Im not saying he's gonna be chara by any means...but a more mean cOburn wouldn't be that bad. A lot of people think that's what coburn is missing, some fire. Im excited for a mean crease clearing defender, any offense will be a cherry on top

The flyers also drafted Morin because of what he should be at 26, not 19. They knew he was not as developed as the rest of the defenseman in his draft class, and they knew it would take time.

So in my opinion, the jury is still out until he's mych, much older.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Read hasn't proven anything, I'd say the opposite, he had one good season. He gots knocked off the puck easily and has only got three goals this year. He's lost speed and has no grit. Raffle stated well, got hurt, and been poor since. Don't want to trade them? The sit them for a while and give some young guys a shot. These guys are part of our lack of secondary scoring.

There are no young guys at the moment

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
10/16 draws our 1st has had so far this game have been vs the Bergeron line...

And we are at home.

What the hell.. I thought line matching was like one of the only thing Berube was good at last year. He even over matched to a fault. What happened?

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
If a trade is coming, expect someone who brings a lot of physicality. The hit on Lucic keeps getting talked about like he destroyed him, but their skates both got tangled and that's why Lucic fell. Since the Flyers got dominated by Byfuglien that game it seems like the announcers go out of their way to mention the physical plays the Flyers make, even if it's a stretch. Seems like the organization is afraid to be viewed as anything but tough. It's weird.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
If a trade is coming, expect someone who brings a lot of physicality. The hit on Lucic keeps getting talked about like he destroyed him, but their skates both got tangled and that's why Lucic fell. Since the Flyers got dominated by Byfuglien that game it seems like the announcers go out of their way to mention the physical plays the Flyers make, even if it's a stretch. Seems like the organization is afraid to be viewed as anything but tough. It's weird.

Come on. That was a great hit.

I'm all for picking up size with skill though.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
I haven't missed a game this year and I know everyone's blaming our D for our record. I know the D Isn't top quality but with Mason they have kept us close most games. We just have'nt been lighting the lamp enough and you have to blame Berube's style and some of our forwards like Read & Raffl..

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

they also gave Mason the fearless player of the game.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

Maybe, but I think you're reaching.

Clown Baby*

What the hell.. I thought line matching was like one of the only thing Berube was good at last year. He even over matched to a fault. What happened?
He's great at line-matching.

Turns out, he's just not very smart about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad